Allamuchy route question

xc62701

If I'm climbing Ice Cream and want to get to the tranquility lot from the waterloo side, what is my best choice of route? At the top of ice cream I bear'd right and passed the tree ride and took a left and it led me around to the overlook and looped back. Actually I passed a diagonal log ride that I made a right at. Should I have gone left? I know that brings me back close to the scout camp so I opted not to go that way. Did I miss a left somewhere???

Well..

Errr ahh, make a left at the log ride (which should be on your left) and then a right and a go straightish kind of left and you will end up on the Purple trail. You got that? These directions work every time. Or you can make a right at the log ride. Go down, go up, stay leftish straight, pass the overlook on your right, make sure you stop to enjoy the view. Now..at this point, if you make a left a left and a straightish right you'll end up back at the log ride. Instead if you pass the Overlook on your right then make a left and then a right you'll end up at the Purple trail in the same place as above. Ok... I'll tell you what, keep exploring because that's half the fun... :D And to answer your question... yes.

Last edited:

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
For some reason it's hard for people to remember that those trails just form a loop(left/straightish at log ride anticlockwise to diag logpile)You can continue out past diag pile to 2 track then right and right at brdge or left at 2track and left/left up by 80 to do what i call the boyscout trail which will take you back to your route to backtrack.Also in the middle of that "loop" there's a tech singletrack decent that takes you back to the icecream base area.It's about 250 yds north of the overlook...........

xc62701

Errr ahh, make a left at the log ride (which should be on your left) and then a right and a go straightish kind of left and you will end up on the Purple trail. You got that? These directions work every time. Or you can make a right at the log ride. Go down, go up, stay leftish straight, pass the overlook on your right, make sure you stop to enjoy the view. Now..at this point, if you make a left a left and a straightish right you'll end up back at the log ride. Instead if you pass the Overlook on your right then make a left and then a right you'll end up at the Purple trail in the same place as above. Ok... I'll tell you what, keep exploring because that's half the fun... :D And to answer your question... yes.

Lol...that helps me soo much! Actually it does help me piece it together a bit. When I did this ride the other day I had my GPS but it didn't work for some reason. I'll keep exploring.

xc62701

For some reason it's hard for people to remember that those trails just form a loop(left/straightish at log ride anticlockwise to diag logpile)You can continue out past diag pile to 2 track then right and right at brdge or left at 2track and left/left up by 80 to do what i call the boyscout trail which will take you back to your route to backtrack.Also in the middle of that "loop" there's a tech singletrack decent that takes you back to the icecream base area.It's about 250 yds north of the overlook...........
Yea I did the tech singletrack that looped back to ice cream. That's sweet. I thought if you went straight past the diag pile it would take a couple rights to get back over by ditch/cardiac. I thought I'd remembered this from the 50k last year but wasn't sure. I need my gps to work so I can create an accurate map...

idbrian

Crotch Rot
That tech decent is one of my favorite stretches in that park. If you are referring to the one that ends on the white trail on a large slick rock face. I took a nice endo and bashed my derailer at one point where you have to take a quick left and drop down 2-3' and then take an immediate right. I get nervous there.

If you kept going past that from ice cream and eventually take a left (i think i only know it by sight) you end up on a pretty technical but very ridable sections that runs parallel to the purple fireroad trail but on the ice cream side of the creek. It goes through a low lying area where it swampy, rocky, and rooty. It ends in the BSA and you can either continue straight on to the BSA shooting range or take a left and head back to the ice cream section. I've asked several people about that trail, as i'm curious as to what it is called. I try to loop that section in on 50% of my rides there. Anyone know?

Top Bottom