Allamuchy North Conditions

Did three hours worth today. Some red, some blue, yellow, a bunch of connectors and white.
The wet spots were very wet but not really too much mud. The fact that it’s not ridden a lot certainly helps. Some running water on white heading toward yellow. I heard from a fella that green was under water in spots, not surprising I guess. Didn’t do cardiac or candy ass but I’ll bet they’re mostly A-okay.

So, I did Wavin, Icecream, Cedar, Ranger, a bit of lumpy bumpy, and a slew of unblazed. Where it's wet, it's very wet, and those places are the nominally wet places: stream crossings, marshy areas. It's definitely rideable. Lots of tiny froggies, be careful. I updated the trailforks.

So, I did Wavin, Icecream, Cedar, Ranger, a bit of lumpy bumpy, and a slew of unblazed. Where it's wet, it's very wet, and those places are the nominally wet places: stream crossings, marshy areas. It's definitely rideable. Lots of tiny froggies, be careful. I updated the trailforks.

the people updating it use a feature where the status "expires" after some time.
Problem is that it is done "in bulk" - since there are so many trails/segments.

Thanks for updating with first-hand knowledge.

Did a bunch. Skipped candy ass and waving willie but hit just about everything else. Gave a tour to a buddy who’s never been there. Funny how eye opening mooch is to a first timer. The guys a great rider with tons of experience and he was floored at its difficulty.
More dry than I’ve seen it in forever. Most creek crossings were dry or just about. Not dusty but getting loose in spots. Trees down on yellow not far from egg rock.
temps were perfect. Did about four hours of the good stuff.

4" of rain in my gauge today in byram. Drank beer in my car in the driveway for 1/2 hr tonight waiting for downpours to stop so i could let my wimp dogs out when i got home from work. Ridiculous

Attachments

• 20230626_201454.jpg
    20230626_201454.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 80
4" of rain in my gauge today in byram. Drank beer in my car in the driveway for 1/2 hr tonight waiting for downpours to stop so i could let my wimp dogs out when i got home from work. Ridiculous
And another down pour as i type, crazy rain fall. Gonna be a lot of erosion going down. We are in a brown out right now.

Pink/purple is 3-4”
Yellow is 5 to 5.5”.

Ground seems to be doing ok with absorption.

Attachments

• 0638E53D-3722-4BB2-A99A-9DA9E8C226B1.png
    0638E53D-3722-4BB2-A99A-9DA9E8C226B1.png
    575.9 KB · Views: 70
Can someone with power eliminate the guy behind the curtain. Of all the parks in our area allamuchy shouldn't be red dotted through out on Trail Forks. Unless hurricanes or God's return should this park really ever be closed, yet every time I open the trail report it's completely red. This is not your personal park and for the travelers who want to adventure into it probably shoot right pass by. Whenever I travel to a new location I research using TF and I would have to assume most do the same here. If you have the ability to change this to green please do so or give it to me because I'll make sure it stays green.

We and I use that term lightly because it's been me locating and my angry beaver eliminating dead falls like a good beaver does. Park has been running great. Go get some...

Yeah, whomever has been bulk redlisting the park and never opening it again has got to put the brakes on it. It's one thing to care for your local trails, it's altogether another to constantly close things and never open. It's also counterproductive. Since I can't trust the tf map, I'm going there today to see for myself how things are, like I did last time. Effectively, whomever is trying to limit access to that system is basically being counterproductive at this point.

Last edited:
Can you not send an email to trailforks to ban the person and tell them it never closes?

I did 19 miles and covered most of the park, the honest conditions report is primo. Beautiful dirt so go get some. Intell was delivered on a couple more tree falls that need attention.

It is a TF admin doing it.
They are actually "timed" closures - and i've already had the discussion that it should be warning/variable conditions after rain.
Reverts back after best guess as to when it will be dry, without reference to specific trails.

I get grief when I reset them -

If you have local intel, just report it for the trails you ride - have TF linked to your bike computer so it gets the info that you actually rode.
it will make a difference in the ratings.

It is a TF admin doing it.
They are actually "timed" closures - and i've already had the discussion that it should be warning/variable conditions after rain.
Reverts back after best guess as to when it will be dry, without reference to specific trails.

I get grief when I reset them -

If you have local intel, just report it for the trails you ride - have TF linked to your bike computer so it gets the info that you actually rode.
it will make a difference in the ratings.
Screenshot_20230730-174514_Strava.jpg

Here you go all trails were perfect 😉

It appears that the person that posts these trail updates on Trailforks also posts here under the same user name. Perhaps they can give us the answer...

So, I did white, ice cream, bsa, candyass, connector and a bunch of unblazed. Everything is ideal. Candy Ass is a mixture of fun, humbling, flow....gah, I need to get better at technical climbing. It's getting overgrown in a few places, could use a blaze, imo. Awesome riding, get out there...but the mosquitoes are intense.

So, I did white, ice cream, bsa, candyass, connector and a bunch of unblazed. Everything is ideal. Candy Ass is a mixture of fun, humbling, flow....gah, I need to get better at technical climbing. It's getting overgrown in a few places, could use a blaze, imo. Awesome riding, get out there...but the mosquitoes are intense.
Great review. Thank you

Hey Allamuchy riders! The Cranks Around the Campfire MTB Festival can always use more ride leaders. If you could lead a ride on any of these days8/18, 8/19, 8/20 that would be awesome! Free weekend day pass for you and a friend to the event for helping us out.
PM me if you are interested!

Just rode Allamuchy this morning. Went in from Cranberry Lake park n ride. The rail trail and very beginning of Waving Willy were wet, but otherwise everything else is perfect. I'd write a better review of the route...but "went up Unblazed, made a right on unblazed, at the end went left on unblazed....etc" doesn't make much sense. Is there any particular reason we can't get some trail names on these trails?

A couple of trees down on lumpy. One climbing side and a chainsaw sized one on the down side.

Just rode Allamuchy this morning. Went in from Cranberry Lake park n ride. The rail trail and very beginning of Waving Willy were wet, but otherwise everything else is perfect. I'd write a better review of the route...but "went up Unblazed, made a right on unblazed, at the end went left on unblazed....etc" doesn't make much sense. Is there any particular reason we can't get some trail names on these trails?
Staying consistant with State map as they will be doing future blazing/mapping updates.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions