Allamuchy North Conditions

Jrzjoe

Sucks, use the app, take pics. (google play) njdep will bring it up. Get everyone your with to send in a report. You can still send it in today.
I didn’t take any pics but will next time and be sure to document damage as well. I feel like this is super important considering how quickly some trails are being ripped up.

vidkon

Here are approximate locations of down trees as of 5/1/21. A chain saw is needed.
1353AE5F-B439-4160-8C61-8E0B5B1F9F9A.jpeg

phillychris498

I rode this afternoon (finished up about 10 minutes before the rain).

The good news: Candy Ass is in awesome shape. No downed trees to report, no overgrowth, just goodness.

The bad news: There were two ATV's (polaris) that I ran into while climbing up the white on the Stuyvesant side. The dude had a chainsaw in the trunk - I asked him why, and he said it was the clear out the trees down on white to widen out the trail, where I know people that maintain the park have purposefully left them down to prevent that exact thing from happening. I reported it on the WARN NJ DEP app, but it seems like we're losing the battle right now.

Jrzjoe

these are where I saw downed trees on my ride today.
The trails were wet and slimy but not muddy. Did a bunch on white, red, blue, a bunch of connectors around lumpy (didn’t do lumpy, too wet) and yellow.

Attachments

• AC8D12C5-8902-46B0-BC07-6C6E12765C63.jpeg
    AC8D12C5-8902-46B0-BC07-6C6E12765C63.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 105

Fat Trout

If anyone is interested in riding tomorrow its probably going to be really wet and standing water anywhere that it does when its wet. It rained the last few days...sure. But it rained a lot this afternoon in 2 downpours and radar shows more coming in an hour or so. My wife and I just took our dogs for a walk on waving willy off of cranberry ledge and it was really soft and muddy and huge puddles on the trail. Granted, when its wet that is a known wet area but it was reeeeeally wet today. Glad I wore my tall muck boots.

1625875135589.png

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If anyone is interested in riding tomorrow its probably going to be really wet and standing water anywhere that it does when its wet. It rained the last few days...sure. But it rained a lot this afternoon in 2 downpours and radar shows more coming in an hour or so. My wife and I just took our dogs for a walk on waving willy off of cranberry ledge and it was really soft and muddy and huge puddles on the trail. Granted, when its wet that is a known wet area but it was reeeeeally wet today. Glad I wore my tall muck boots.

View attachment 161738

"Gotta watch out for those crazy bikers"......
Went about 50' into Yellow Gate and bailed. Soaked.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode there the Saturday after the latest hurricane. Typical wet spots were bad, but nothing crazy. I didn't see any new downed trees. Rode in from Wavin' Willy to Lumpy and out to Rollie. Friggin' Middle had a ground based Yellow Jacket nest. Those SOB's were super aggressive. I was in the front and still got hit 4 times and were didn't stop. Literally chased us down the trail for almost 60 yards.

Other than the bees, it is in good shape.

Robin

Started at Tranquility lot. Leaves are starting to cover trails. Candyass was still ok but some areas ripped by quads.

Two trees side by side on white climb up. Will need chainsaw. Also one on orange near top/purple intersection.

Happy to report no stingy things encountered.

bmwpowere36m3

Any updates? This is the network of trails north of I-80, correct? Planning on visiting friends in Woodbridge this weekend and Allamuchy was recommended. Shooting for a Sunday ride.

Robin

This past Monday - Started at Waterloo and headed over to Lumpy Bumpy. Usual areas were soft but overall they were ok.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions