Allamuchy North Conditions

Apache1

With all due respect calling that number is useless. Does anyone have an actual first hand account of calling the hotline, speaking with a human or getting a call back in a somewhat timely manner ? I’ve called the hotline 3 x’s ( Stephens 1 and North 2x’s) and all 3 times received nada.
When they are parked like it it gives cops best opportunity and incentive since there is 'no chase'.

Robin

These may be the same trees that were noted within the past month but two large trees on White from Waterloo lot. Both are right after white tech reroute and Highland crossing.

Fat Trout

These may be the same trees that were noted within the past month but two large trees on White from Waterloo lot. Both are right after white tech reroute and Highland crossing.
Thanks Robin and all who have posted....yeah I did a recon ride and there are 6 trees on white from the reroute to waving willy. Plus 3 on the connector from blue to 4 bump alternate plus a few on pebble you mentioned earlier. Intent is to clear out soon....thanks all for posts and comments. things may not get cleared up quickly every time but wanted to let folks know the posts are definitely appreciated and really are a big help!

Robin

Hiked Pebble Loop from Sussex Branch parking lot. Large tree just before Highlands intersection that will need a chainsaw. Some people attempted to ramp one side of it.

JORBA Stephens

With all due respect calling that number is useless. Does anyone have an actual first hand account of calling the hotline, speaking with a human or getting a call back in a somewhat timely manner ? I’ve called the hotline 3 x’s ( Stephens 1 and North 2x’s) and all 3 times received nada.
What is truly useless is doing nothing. Calling or using the app will likely not get immediate response BUT will serve to document and get the park out there when it is not expected.

ryderX

What is truly useless is doing nothing. Calling or using the app will likely not get immediate response BUT will serve to document and get the park out there when it is not expected.
Define doing nothing. Any and every time I come across illegal ATV-Moto trespasser’s I make it known that they are breaking the law, destroying SP property and aren’t welcomed.

Jrzjoe

Mostly dry or snow covered. Some mud spots but only close to the parking lot. The gravel road was the muddiest.
Started on white from continental drive. Hit connector to red. Did red to gravel. Hit blue to a bunch of un marked stuff past lumpy back to white. The snow was pretty deep in this area. Did green all the way back to the gravel.
I was the only tracks on part of red, blue, a bunch of unmarked stuff and all of green. One Moto track close to lumpy, where all of the rogue markings are.
There were spots of dry, perfect trail for long periods of time, then like a switch it would turn to 4-6 inches of snow. Sometimes with footprints, sometimes virgin.
Took me about three hours. It was hard.

Attachments

• 06577311-9D6D-48B9-8DEC-E9F2C0D0558E.jpeg
    06577311-9D6D-48B9-8DEC-E9F2C0D0558E.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 34D26CAB-89EE-4A32-8E0A-F52955F64B8E.jpeg
    34D26CAB-89EE-4A32-8E0A-F52955F64B8E.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 8B7FAB87-5536-46D7-9CA3-E52932A45CF7.jpeg
    8B7FAB87-5536-46D7-9CA3-E52932A45CF7.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 130

kidzach

Mostly dry or snow covered. Some mud spots but only close to the parking lot. The gravel road was the muddiest.
Started on white from continental drive. Hit connector to red. Did red to gravel. Hit blue to a bunch of un marked stuff past lumpy back to white. The snow was pretty deep in this area. Did green all the way back to the gravel.
I was the only tracks on part of red, blue, a bunch of unmarked stuff and all of green. One Moto track close to lumpy, where all of the rogue markings are.
There were spots of dry, perfect trail for long periods of time, then like a switch it would turn to 4-6 inches of snow. Sometimes with footprints, sometimes virgin.
Thanks for the feedback

phillychris498

I have been waiting for the allamuchy north conditions update for a long time. I might try the other side (Rollie pollie, candy ass, freaking middle) this Tuesday afternoon.

Jrzjoe

I have been waiting for the allamuchy north conditions update for a long time. I might try the other side (Rollie pollie, candy ass, freaking middle) this Tuesday afternoon.
I was running out of time but really wanted to check out that side, but the closer I got to that area the more snow there was. I think since it’s on the shade side of the mountain it may be a snowy hell. Please post to confirm. I really want to get back out to candy ass.

phillychris498

was running out of time but really wanted to check out that side, but the closer I got to that area the more snow there was. I think since it’s on the shade side of the mountain it may be a snowy hell. Please post to confirm. I really want to get back out to candy ass.
I was thinking that since candy ass faces the west, it gets the afternoon sunshine when temps are warmest and might be dry. That’s purely theory though. I’m afraid that the cardiac descent down to Stuyvesant might be a River right now, the conditions on that trail do change rapidly though.

Jrzjoe

I was thinking that since candy ass faces the west, it gets the afternoon sunshine when temps are warmest and might be dry. That’s purely theory though. I’m afraid that the cardiac descent down to Stuyvesant might be a River right now, the conditions on that trail do change rapidly though.
Yea, it was strange the lack of consistency with the snow to dry trail ratio. Some of the deep snow sections on green were on the ridge line (or close to it) and seemed to be full sun at noon. I can only guess that they may have been big drifts from wind going through the valley and over the ridge.
good luck with it bro. Let us know what’s up.

phillychris498

517/Stuyvesant side isn't ready yet. The beginning of the white climb was dry, but when I crossed over to the cardiac climb, it was 100% snow/ice/frozen rivers all the way up to Candy Ass.

I then rode Candy Ass, and the top of the trail is awesome - completely dry. However, the trail turned to mostly snow for the bottom half of the trail.

Finally, I started to climb White, and got about half way up before I turned back. There are too many wet spots on that climb/descent now.

I did not ride Orange. I'm gonna stay away from the Stuyvesant side for another 2 weeks before I try again.

Jrzjoe

Hit and miss today. Not really that bad but the wet areas were wet. The fact that it’s not ridden much helps. That brings me to the moto trail damage. Pretty bad in spots, all the lower white, up Dan Beard and around green area. Looks like two wheelers and quads to me. It’s just a matter of time before they start getting into cardiac bypass. That’s just what I think.
Did a bunch of white (messy) red (pretty good) half of blue (same as red) Dan beard, cardiac bypass rolley and yellow. I wanted to do candy ass but wimped out. I thought purple heading back up would suck.

Jrzjoe

It was frozen when I started this morning. Did parts of white, red, blue, a bunch of connectors leading to lumpy, back to white and yellow. It was all good. Close to the continental lot was thawing when I was going back. It’s been wetter this year than I remember it being in the last few years but only that spot. I quit early because I damaged my derailleur in a crash close to green and finished with just a few gears. This kept me from friggin middle, candy Ass and all that stuff. I’m sure it’s fine. It needs to be ridden. It’s getting wild.
Happy Easter you bums

Last edited:

Jrzjoe

Did everything I could think of. Five hour day. It’s all in really good shape except where the motos have been hitting it hard.
Saw two of them today. One moto and one quad in friggin middle. There was evidence of moto activity all around lumpy, Dan beard climb, friggin middle all over white all the way to yellow and half way up yellow, not to mention a bunch of connectors around lumpy and green. They don’t seem to give a shit anymore about being seen or what they’re doing to the trails. The guys went right past me and were gunning it, making a point to turn up as much soil as possible.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions