Allamuchy North Conditions

dmc123

I rode it 9 days ago. Saw a guy riding up CA which I've never attempted (or even considered). Cardiac is probably a mess so maybe thats an option.

xc62701

I rode it 9 days ago. Saw a guy riding up CA which I've never attempted (or even considered). Cardiac is probably a mess so maybe thats an option.
That's an interesting route. Like riding up Roly. Sometimes I think about it but why waste your time when it's so much better going down. Must have been a lost soul.

Over the Bars

Conditions were great, nearly every muddy spot was frozen solid! Cardiac was leaf blown along with a bunch of other trails as well some new maintenance was done on cardiac.
A few berms were added and even the roller was cleared away with dirt added to the bottom ride out. Couldn't ask for better conditions for this time of year. Don't even have any mud on me and bike doesn't need a bath.

ryderX

Conditions were great, nearly every muddy spot was frozen solid! Cardiac was leaf blown along with a bunch of other trails as well some new maintenance was done on cardiac.
A few berms were added and even the roller was cleared away with dirt added to the bottom ride out. Couldn't ask for better conditions for this time of year. Don't even have any mud on me and bike doesn't need a bath.
The trails were in great shape Sunday morning. I think it rained so damn hard on Saturday that the trails were scoured clean of all the leaves. We climbed up the original Cardiac climb and it was bare dirt.

goldsbar

Log count is starting to get pretty high again. They're all too elevated to build and too big for a handsaw. Of course! A few on white on the Continental Dr. half of the park that have been there for a while. Also a huge monstrosity off of blue when heading towards Lumpy.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Otherside of route 80
Either Waterloo/Continental lot or otherside of the hill at Tranquility lot

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions continue to be solid in North. We parked at Earthworm (lot right before BSA Camp) and climbed up. This is a good alternative to parking at Sussex Branch, which has been packed as of late.

North these days are the trails less traveled but continue to provide a good challenge for those seeking trails a bit more raw and challenging with more elevation then Stephens or Deer Park. Trails like Roly Poly, Lumpy Bumpy, Candie Ass... are legendary and worth the effort to ride them.

Jorba Chapter Leader Mark (in neon) has done a great job keeping these trails in good shape. Go check it out, everything about this park is bigger and better.
IMG_20210110_095805~2.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I parked at pub 517 today, was meeting @Fat Trout to head to PJ but our 3rd wheel bailed who was the one who never been. So we went to mahlon but on my return to my car as I was leaving, literally and I mean literally 20 motos came from Tranquility side. Patty hiked over there did not see them but ran into 4 quads on cardiac! Yes single track cardiac. The girl Patty was hiking with said something and they played dumb and said what this isn't the church property? Then when she left the park about an hour after I left the pub the 20 motos were still at the Pub, I guess for drinks and food. Ballsy for sure. Just like everything else with outdoors the moto/quad sales must be up.

ryderX

Next time you see them especially if they are 'parked' call: 1-877-WARN-DEP (1-877-927-6337
Thanks!
With all due respect calling that number is useless. Does anyone have an actual first hand account of calling the hotline, speaking with a human or getting a call back in a somewhat timely manner ? I’ve called the hotline 3 x’s ( Stephens 1 and North 2x’s) and all 3 times received nada.

Over the Bars

Was surprised how many sections still had snow cover screen shot of location of this monstrosity is attached . So much quad damage new trails and spray painted tress as others of said by lumpy bumpy area.
PXL_20210111_201632860.jpg
Screenshot_20210111-185340.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions