Allamuchy North Conditions

Right about there.
0CAB99B9-524C-4882-A2BF-F346D7ED8E6E.jpeg

I took Candy Ass trail down the mountain; next time i’ll look for this one too. I found another roller on Cardiac where Rollie Pollie merges with Cardiac and it was really steep.

Attachments

• 918B28D8-6390-4EED-BE73-1E57ED1AEC15.jpeg
    918B28D8-6390-4EED-BE73-1E57ED1AEC15.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 176
  • B2669FBC-C51A-4E28-913C-C8F2ACA645A2.jpeg
    B2669FBC-C51A-4E28-913C-C8F2ACA645A2.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 185
  • C8F93DB3-57C3-4460-9FBF-A353F346187F.jpeg
    C8F93DB3-57C3-4460-9FBF-A353F346187F.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 4DA6EA78-B463-4B25-9CD6-9D7A374DF47A.jpeg
    4DA6EA78-B463-4B25-9CD6-9D7A374DF47A.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 191
For those of you who have done the roller PhillyChris posted and the "fourth" roller at Mahlon, which one is harder/scarier? I've just looked at both of them once. Then there's the drop-off boulder roller on Tigers Blood at Mahlon. I'm guessing in reality that one requires a lot more skill and chances of a broken neck are much higher.

In keeping with the thread title. Conditions = leaves, but generally not overwhelming yet. Probably will be "bad" for a couple of weekends. Park is still bone dry relative to the last few years.

For those of you who have done the roller PhillyChris posted and the "fourth" roller at Mahlon, which one is harder/scarier? I've just looked at both of them once. Then there's the drop-off boulder roller on Tigers Blood at Mahlon. I'm guessing in reality that one requires a lot more skill and chances of a broken neck are much higher.

In keeping with the thread title. Conditions = leaves, but generally not overwhelming yet. Probably will be "bad" for a couple of weekends. Park is still bone dry relative to the last few years.
The fourth roller at Mahlon is a bit easier, in my opinion. The Mahlon roller is a bit taller/longer, but it’s not quite as steep and you can see where you’re heading earlier as you’re rolling into it. The ride out is smoother for that 4th Mahlon roller.

That allamuchy roller I posted is shorter, but the roll in is a little bit blind. It’s steeper in the middle, and I always try to lift up the front wheel before hitting the transition at the bottom because the transition isn’t too smooth. I’ve seen other people hit it without lifting up the front wheel though.

I took Candy Ass trail down the mountain; next time i’ll look for this one too. I found another roller on Cardiac where Rollie Pollie merges with Cardiac and it was really steep.
That’s a really cool roller! I wonder who set it up..... 😉

Things were great out there this morning. Leaves are nicely packed in on most trails. Lumpy is riding great and didn't see a soul out there. After lumpy going down towards cranberry lake there is a tree down where every other tree falls. I'm looking forward to getting out here more and more the next few weeks.

Another afterthought is that the spray paint on the cranberry side is getting worse. More white circles and x’s. One low spray painted tree too so a quad probably knocked themself silly in there.

Another afterthought is that the spray paint on the cranberry side is getting worse. More white circles and x’s. One low spray painted tree too so a quad probably knocked themself silly in there.
The x's end at one of the streets off of the far end of cranberry ledge someone's personal highway markings. The solid white circles seem to be people from the tranquility side and first popped up when people got stuck inside with Covid. I have scraped off and mud covered a bunch of them. I predict the week before shogun deer season the guy with the green and pink flourescent paint will be back at it. A little bit of a Sh&t show off of cranberry ledge, which is why I don't clear the trees on waving willy that fall from the lumpy turn off back to cranberry ledge anymore. If a big one drops I'll cut a bike size hole but otherwise F-em.

I noticed all the x's today riding from Waving Willy to Lumpy Bumpy - and some of the trail seemed leaf-blown.

Back on the conditions topic, trails were fine - most areas were easy to see/leaves patted down.

The jorba TM today more or less finished off the reroute of the part of four bump alternate that went through the wet swampy section that remained (heading to/from lumpy bumpys entrance). Its a lot more entertaining than the old way and wont be a hot mess in the spring....easy to find heading up toward lumpy bumpy from below ( raked and a slight bare right). A little harder heading down toward waterloo road if you come from waving willy side. Theres a left turn and needs to be worked in a bit as the leaves remain in control.
Check it out

The jorba TM today more or less finished off the reroute of the part of four bump alternate that went through the wet swampy section that remained (heading to/from lumpy bumpys entrance). Its a lot more entertaining than the old way and wont be a hot mess in the spring....easy to find heading up toward lumpy bumpy from below ( raked and a slight bare right). A little harder heading down toward waterloo road if you come from waving willy side. Theres a left turn and needs to be worked in a bit as the leaves remain in control.
Check it out
Came across this on our ride today. Didn’t know about it before hand. A much better way through that area than the swampy legacy trail. Decent amount of rockiness too to keep things interesting. Kudos to the trail crew!

Rode mooch north today. There is a lot of standing water leftover from the Monday storm, in spots I haven’t seen wet in a long time. The ditch (purple) descent down to 517 has a few sections with rivers running down the trail between the entrance and candy ass and the exit of candy ass. I would stick to white or candy ass when riding down to 517 for a while.

The x's end at one of the streets off of the far end of cranberry ledge someone's personal highway markings. The solid white circles seem to be people from the tranquility side and first popped up when people got stuck inside with Covid. I have scraped off and mud covered a bunch of them. I predict the week before shogun deer season the guy with the green and pink flourescent paint will be back at it. A little bit of a Sh&t show off of cranberry ledge, which is why I don't clear the trees on waving willy that fall from the lumpy turn off back to cranberry ledge anymore. If a big one drops I'll cut a bike size hole but otherwise F-em.
Great job on the tree clearing, definitely take a look at the type of flow the trail has (in both directions) and cut to match the pace/tempo. Unfortunately more often then not the damage to the woods is significant when the quads make a new go-around. That disaster off the white trail near tranquillity going around the stream crossing is an example of that. The answer is continued use of the NJ DEP (WARNDEP) app. And probably a paint covering for those ridiculous "x" marks. Some quad idiot is also painting in Stephens (blue circle thing).

Great job on the tree clearing, definitely take a look at the type of flow the trail has (in both directions) and cut to match the pace/tempo. Unfortunately more often then not the damage to the woods is significant when the quads make a new go-around. That disaster off the white trail near tranquillity going around the stream crossing is an example of that. The answer is continued use of the NJ DEP (WARNDEP) app. And probably a paint covering for those ridiculous "x" marks. Some quad idiot is also painting in Stephens (blue circle thing).
Saw a quad guy in Stephens no helmet. Darwin will win eventually.

Has anyone ridden Candy Ass in the past week? Wondering if I should be riding candy ass instead of Cardiac the next time I am riding mooch north.

I ride cardiac bypass up to candy ass down to the orange purple junction and back up purple to lumpy. Didn’t do it last week tho

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions