Allamuchy North Conditions

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went to check it out. It was a little to late for the chicken. I took some of the tips. Found some other things.

20200929-173446.jpg

20200929-173711.jpg

20200929-173705.jpg

20200929-173856.jpg

20200929-174107.jpg

20200929-174550.jpg

20200929-174755.jpg

20200929-174802.jpg

20200929-190427-HDR.jpg

-YETI-

I rode there this afternoon. Trails were dry but pretty decent leaf covering on the trails in most areas making some of the rocky climbs very slippery.

Last edited:

phillychris498

Mooch north was pretty dry yesterday afternoon considering the amount of rain we got on Friday. There are a few trees down right at the bottom of Rollie Pollie, but nothing else in terms of trees to report.

The cardiac roller was dry enough to hit!
772F50F3-8548-434C-B511-99F88E20BB45.png

Jrzjoe

Reporting a tree down in pebble loop after EGG rock heading toward the continental parking lot. It’s not too big but big enough to have to go around.
I also remember seeing one down after Rolly Polly right before the entrance to candy ass. It’s easy to just ride over but is blocking a small side shoot with a rock that’s fun to launch off of.
I thought there was something down in candy ass which is disappearing through lack of use, but can’t remember exactly where. Sorry.

goldsbar

Ridden cardiac so many times and never noticed that...what part of the trail is that off of?
Same - just noticed it like two weeks ago. If you're riding up cardiac from the orange, it's eventually on the left. If you know how cardiac crosses the old fire road a couple of times, this is when it goes back onto the fire road for the last time (i.e. end of the new singletrack). Maybe a minute or less at a modest pace before you reach the flat spot by the entrance to CA.

I haven't done it, but have looked from the top and it looks 100% vertical from that view!

ebarker9

Same - just noticed it like two weeks ago. If you're riding up cardiac from the orange, it's eventually on the left. If you know how cardiac crosses the old fire road a couple of times, this is when it goes back onto the fire road for the last time (i.e. end of the new singletrack). Maybe a minute or less at a modest pace before you reach the flat spot by the entrance to CA.

I haven't done it, but have looked from the top and it looks 100% vertical from that view!

I'll keep an eye out, but I know where you're referencing. Looks probably too scary for me regardless.

jackx

Mooch north was pretty dry yesterday afternoon considering the amount of rain we got on Friday. There are a few trees down right at the bottom of Rollie Pollie, but nothing else in terms of trees to report.

The cardiac roller was dry enough to hit!View attachment 141678
I'll keep an eye out, but I know where you're referencing. Looks probably too scary for me regardless.
If this is the Cardiac roller I know of, it is a lot steeper in person than in Chris's cool picture! And the logs at the bottom are now covered with leaves.

phillychris498

All of the trails are blanketed in a sea of leaves. I ride allamuchy about once a week, and even I lost the trail a few times! I love the long, steep allamuchy descents when they’re a slip and slide of leaves.

Found one smaller tree down on Iron Mine (blue) and took it out with my handsaw.

jackx

I had time for a short clock-wise loop of Yellow, White to Red yesterday. I haven't been on red for quite a while and it was extra tough going downhill with all the leaves and hidden loose rocks for sure.

phillychris498

I had time for a short clock-wise loop of Yellow, White to Red yesterday. I haven't been on red for quite a while and it was extra tough going downhill with all the leaves and hidden loose rocks for sure.
Descending red, both closer to white and closer to blue, is always interesting. That trail gets more washed out and sketchy every time I ride it... I'm sure the leaves didn't help.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions