Allamuchy first timer

Frank Cris

Hey all,

New member – old rider.
I would like to see if I can tag along with anyone, or group that’s going to Allamuchy. I usually go out and explore on my own, but this one might be a little dangerous to do alone.

Thanks,
Frank

Hey Frank welcome.
Would you be referring to North or Stephens and deer park or maybe all 3 :). We have a mtbnj group ride coming to Stephens in Nov.
@ReggieHammond is the local tour guide which now he will see so I am sure you get some representation there.

2123546-gsm_169_gamingmeme_dangerous_vf_au_112212_320.jpg

Thanks guys.
Unfortunately, all my ole biking buds have moved, married, or... So I ride alone most of the time. All I have to worry about around here in Monmouth county is crashing, but up north, it's that, as well as bears. And getting hurt in bear country sounds scary.

How do I get in on this Stephens group ride? Do I contact @ReggieHammond, or do we wait for more info?

Either way, I'm itching to check out other NJ or PA places to MB, so I'd love to tag along with people that know their way around.

Sorry for being late to the game @Frank Cris as I just woke from a flu induced coma.

Although I'm questionable for this weekend as it takes me FOREVER to recover fully from any ailments, but I would be happy to show you around any of or all of the three parks here as @mattybfat referenced.

Full disclosure....I'm not what some would concider a fast rider, but more of a locomotive that keeps on plugging away.

Shoot me a PM and we can get the ball rolling. If others are interested, I can post up a ride for others to join.

I'm winded just typing this right now and will most likely pass out for the next several hours.

Hit me up when you can.

Burke

Wow, a summer flu. That too bad.
It should be illegal for the flu to infect any other time other then in winter.

No worries on the pace of the ride. I don’t mind hammering on short rides, but if you’re out for the day, a nice steady pace is more fun. It will be a pleasure leaving my ahole riding buddy Strava home anyway. Whenever we go out alone he kicks my ass.

As for which park... I thought it was all one, and I was going to try to explore the whole place, but whatever everyone else agrees on is ok w me.

Get well quick!

Thanks,
Frank

Frank,

I'm all healed up and back on the saddle.

I can show you around this Sunday if you'd like. Would prefer Stephens, Deer Park, or both as my wrist is giving me some trouble as of late. A proper Allamuchy tour on a rigid SS will take it's toll on my wrist right now. If not this Sunday, I may be available next Saturday.

Let me know and we can get something lined up.

Burke

Hey Burke,

Glad your feeling better. Next Saturday is better for me. Or whenever is good for a group if you get one together. I'd hate for the arrangements to be all about me.

Frank

I am going to ride here tomorrow morning if you want to come. Probably starting around 9am. Flexible on pace/difficulty/starting point.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom