Allamuchy Conditions

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Was out for a hime on Saturday, March 7 and guess what...its a mess out there (althought I did come across three riders). There are actually some areas that still have frost in the ground yet. Given the forecast for this week, I would say we are a good two weeks away from things getting better.

Lets hope the rain stops soon and we get some warm windy days!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the update Bob. Temps are looking to dip later in the week but I guess not enough to freeze stuff for an early morning ride?

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Still mushy at Moochy

Temps would have to drop into the 20s for a few days to freeze it back up at this point. Give the weather we have for the week...will take some time before we are good to go. But of course there will be those that will ride anyway... :(

Yeah this goes for DP and Stepehns as well!!!

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Sounds good

I am out of town but from what I heard things have dried up nicely. Seems like we are in bussiness.

Nelson have anything more to add???

de00304

saturday conditions

I went to tranquility yesterday. Rode orange to ditch, then RP to ditch/cardiac bypass to freakin middle and back. Overall, the conditions were very good. However, we started riding around 7:30, and the temp was 23 degrees, so everything was frozen hard. We finished just before 11, and the temp was just starting to hit around 35.

Surprisingly, there is still a bit of frost in the ground, for instance on the climb to the top of ditch/cardiac and on the bypass. I think it could have been a bit messy in the afternoon when the temps were in the 50's. Another week of drying will do it good...

euphoria

rode similar loop today about 2pm but took the white back down. warm weather and excellent trail conditions. a few tacky spots at the most. mostly dry overall.

Last edited:

ebarker9

Not bad today. A few softish spots here and there but overall pretty good. There was a tree down on white, towards the bottom of the descent going back to the northern 517 parking area (if you can visualize that).

N

New World Man

I'd say the trails are now superb. I've been loving the conditions out there.
A big thank you to ever ran a rake on some of the little spurs off the north end of the rail trail near Cranberry Lake. Those always make for a nice warmup before heading up Iron Mine and Ranger.
Finally discoverd how to come down Ice Cream and that trail is an absolute blast.

Judge Smails

I was at the North side yesterday and there were a few wet spots on the purple/Ditch trail after you cross the stream as you are climbing towards the top.

Also - there were a number of horse tracks that created some sizable holes on the purple trail. Looks like the horses must have been out when the ground was wet.

Other than that the trails were in VERY good shape.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Decided to get off the road and hit up the trails yesterday. Took the white off Sussex Branch up to green, down to Wavin Willy, and back to the Sussex Branch. Didn't have much time to really get out there, but fun altogether.

Some significant washouts along the first few climbs on white; some work needed to be done there. Once up top, everything was in pretty decent condition. Where there was water and mud....there was A LOT of water and mud. Did see a few ruts out there, but was easy to hike a bike around these areas. Didn't see any running streams down the trails...that was a good sign.

From what I hear, this is the better side of Mooche as the Tranquility side is supposedly a real mess.

Heard Deer Park was a real mess, but Stephens is a jewel.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Theres a big oak tree down on the green trail, about 1.8 miles in from waving willes. On the back side of the big climb right after the hard right.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions