Allamuchy bridge curse!

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I don't know if it was the evil-eye hex from Bob W this morning or Norms bridge curse but I bit it super hard this am in Deer park about 1/4 of the way into my loop.I slid out on a 2 plank bridge and was being super pissed about the impact to my palms when i noticed my knee.Seems the steel mesh on the exit for traction sliced my kneecap off.It's now just a meatflap.It took me like 5 mins to even admit to myself that is was my knee and it really did happen.I assessed,wrapped and stabilized my situation then fired up the cell for evac.Got myself out to the road and caught my ride home.It's been awhile since i've gotten hit that hard that far out and was happy to see that my basic emerg plan worked pretty well.Definately not life threatening but i am QUITE F'd up and everyone is screaming at me to go to hospital.I'm gonna see what i can do on my own for now.Anyway I'm down for a few days and hope to be pedaling maybe next wknd

Shaggz

A strong 7
Bummer - hope it heals soon,. I heard someone else recently cracked a rib (a guy named lenny?) on one of the rock bridges at mooch recently

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. Get your meat flap sewn back on if you need to.

DD-

Sorry to hear about the knee.

I'm in recovery as well - dislocated my shoulder riding at KVSP last Sunday :(

Yup, Lenny did crack a rib on the stone bridge on Ditch in Allamuchy, rumor has it that he's all healed and will be riding this afternoon.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Wow...

imagin if it had been wet. Maybe you would have slid the whole way. Me, evil hex, I think not. If I am going to do somehting like that I would have yelled it at you on Sunday morning instead of saying hello!!!

Bob W.

ps oh yeah, get better soon!

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Definately not life threatening but i am QUITE F'd up and everyone is screaming at me to go to hospital.I'm gonna see what i can do on my own for now.Anyway I'm down for a few days and hope to be pedaling maybe next wknd

When was your last Tetanus shot? You definitely should go to the doctor, get the shot and get it cleaned up. Take it from a fellow "meat flapper" -- I got one 10 years ago in Mahlon -- I was sliced open by a rock. I could see my knee cap and it took about 20 stitches on the outside of the knee. It took the PA about an hour to clean the wound out.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Gotta go with the crowd on this one: Go get it checked out, particularly if it's been a while since your last tetanus shot.

I have little doubt that you are no stranger to severe injuries, but the natural inclination to downplay it can come back and bite you in the ass. So be a good boy and see the doc.

ryderX

Don't be a wuss, screw the tetanus shot. From what I've read on the ol' interweb, tetanus shots are just another mechanism of the "man" to keep the proletariat down. Actually I heard that Floyd Landis had a tetanus shot right before stage 17, and look at the trouble he's in...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I think i;m past my window for stictches now so it's all or nothing.There's no downplay w/ me, it's just that if i got a cancer diagnosis i'd just die of cancer.Doctors are pretty much morons these days.It hurts like hell but i'm managingand WEBER IS THE BEST(even if he is just making fun of me)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can we just refer to you as Meatflap from now on?

Seriously though if you need someone to nail it back on give me a call. I have my own hammer and all.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can we just refer to you as Meatflap from now on?

since meatflap could be taken a number of ways, lets just leave brett's new avatar as is.

btw, if you were a real man you would have sewn it up your damn self. that's what kaz told me to do.

:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

walter

Fourth Party
Good call Jake, this is somewhat of a family site, although the "other" meat flap would have been an interesting avatar

anrothar

entirely thrilled
navy seals get a tube of superglue in their emergency kit for healing wounds. screw the hospital, it's a waste of money. dry it up, pour some vodka on it, supergluw it together, and duct tape a t-shirt around it. good as new.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
navy seals get a tube of superglue in their emergency kit for healing wounds. screw the hospital, it's a waste of money. dry it up, pour some vodka on it, supergluw it together, and duct tape a t-shirt around it. good as new.

considering dr's also use superglue for lacerations... suspect its just a medical grade version of it... you're really not too far from the truth here sean

if brett is not going to hit the hospital, as long as he irrigated it well and got out all the foreign matter, he may be fine. i'd keep an eye on it tho... if that thing starts pussing up, festering and draining, you better hit the doc. infections can get ugly fast. buddy of mine did the same thing out in the middle of Jim Thorpe PA (the flap was big enough to hide wallet under) and got his knee infected. he was on IV ab for a while because of some leftover trail funkadoo under his flap.

Top Bottom