Allamuchy/517 Gate Today 3 O'clock

Wazu

Yo....I'm going on a ride today before the three day rain event. I'm taking my SS to the 517 Gate at three o'clock and settling in for a steady long ride. Probably gonna do around 15 miles or so, not including getting lost. Anyone is welcome and I'd love the company. Cheers 'n Beers...........Ger

EpicRidr

I can resist anything but temptation

Gerald, I'm sorely tempted. Where do you mean by 517 gate - that first pull off north of 80? (I usually park there and start up the orange blazed trail) or do you mean the lot up the farm road?

I'd love to ride - you're a little strong than me though, so I might hold you up a little on some of the climbs. I'm going to see how my day goes the next coupld hours, and then maybe cut out of here.

-Chris

Wazu

Yo Chris...It's my like 10th ride in a YEAR. I won't be as strong as usual and I'd love the company. Hardtail...will be nice to meet you. Brett, right?

EpicRidr

parking spot

Gerald - you didn't answer my parking spot question: that pull off right on 517, or up the farm road?

Wazu

Oh hey, Epic if you wanna do deer park (if it will help) we can do that instead. I don't really care. I got till like 5 to ride cause of my wife n kids. yes, it's the gate north of 80

EpicRidr

I'm pretty tired of Deer Park, and I have been exploring Allamuchy some. I just might have to hike the last 100 feet going up Cardiac, for instance.

Wazu

I hike when I have to but I don't stop...that's the key for me. welp \I'l see ya there man!!!! Show up!

Wazu

Good Ride

Chris and Brett...good ride. I tell ya Brett makes it all look easy. Great style and a good climber too. Nice.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Frickin ridiculous fun! Chris was a little under the weather and probably needs to attend one of my motivational seminars but he's afighter and the Wazu and I fit together like me and my ol buddy Grady. It's gonna be a good winter..........

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sorry i missed you two yesterday, i was standing in the same 10 sq feet at the Javits center for seven straight hours...

EpicRidr

Felt a little better riding my own pace

Thanks, guys. I was definitely still recoverin' from whatever that was. I'm going to try to get more fit. More fit = more fun. I felt a little better riding out at my own pace. Took that first left off cardiac, which goes back to the other part that we'd climbed up. Mostly level trail - not too exciting, but it was a great ride down once I came out on cardiac again. Ger, maybe see you at Deer Park tomorrow. -C

Wazu

Chris, glad you had a better ride. The pace at the mooch was what my single speed made it; either pedal hard or stop in the middle of a mountain in a 2:1 gear; also, Hardtail is was/is a gazelle. Hope to see you at Deer Park tomorrow.

Top Bottom