Allamuchy - 5/17

R

rlaureano

Anyone planning on riding allamuchy tomorrow (5/17) at ~ 4- 4:30?

I went there today for the first time (I'm new to the NJ as well) and had no clue where I was going, the map they have at the park is terrible. I was told to park off of Deer Park rd....I took the yellow trail to the white to the blue and back to the parking lot.....real nice trails but I get the feeling I didn't see much of the park.

Any suggestions where else to park or where to go??

Thanks.

Shaggz

A strong 7
The guys at Cycle Works in Byarm have good trail maps for Deer Park and Allamuchy and are close to the Waterloo Road trail head. However, they are closed on Wednesdays.

You may want to check out Kittatiny today. It is a very user friendly park, and Jay has a good trail map on this site. It is not as super technical as the mooch, but has a lot of fast rolling single track, a decent climb to the communications tower on Goodale Road, with a fun payoff on the way back down. 4:30 is too early for me, but i wil probably be there later this evening.

R

rlaureano

Thanks!

I've actually been to Kittatinny a couple of times, you are right it is a nice park....

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll see what i can do about meeting you. i've been to the 'mooch twice but by no means do i know it well yet. post a ride for one of the days this weekend and see what pops. 10:00 on a sat or sun is usually a good time.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Muchy Maps

rlaureano said:
Anyone planning on riding allamuchy tomorrow (5/17) at ~ 4- 4:30?

I went there today for the first time (I'm new to the NJ as well) and had no clue where I was going, the map they have at the park is terrible. I was told to park off of Deer Park rd....I took the yellow trail to the white to the blue and back to the parking lot.....real nice trails but I get the feeling I didn't see much of the park.

Any suggestions where else to park or where to go??

Thanks.

For maps go to jorba.org and go to the Allamuchy section. there are two maps there that will get you started.

Bob W.

Top Bottom