Allaire

Perry Lesko

Does anyone live near or know the current conditions in Allaire? I have a fat bike and I’m thinking of riding there tomorrow if possible?

There is an Allaire conditions thread--but the short answer is: yes, but how determined are you?

Our area hits freeze/thaws during the day, so there's going to be ice around. Non-studded tires are going to dump you at some point.

There is an Allaire conditions thread--but the short answer is: yes, but how determined are you?

Our area hits freeze/thaws during the day, so there's going to be ice around. Non-studded tires are going to dump you at some point.
Hmm I’m not afraid of the ice. I’m more afraid if no one has even attempted to ride there and there’s 6” or more it will be too deep to pedal through.

Hmm I’m not afraid of the ice. I’m more afraid if no one has even attempted to ride there and there’s 6” or more it will be too deep to pedal through.
There have been hikers, snowshoes and bikes in there, trails are rutted and ice. Not gonna be much fun. As long as its frozen you can go explore for yourself but from what I read in that Allaire Conditions thread its not much fun.

I live down the road. The snow is so frozen my Jeep does not compress it in my yard. It’s really not snow, it’s ice. Whatever is there you will be on top of, maybe minus an inch or so of powder from Thursday, even that is freezing. Add ruts from skis and hikers and that is zero fun. At least no fun for me.

I live down the road. The snow is so frozen my Jeep does not compress it in my yard. It’s really not snow, it’s ice. Whatever is there you will be on top of, maybe minus an inch or so of powder from Thursday, even that is freezing. Add ruts from skis and hikers and that is zero fun. At least no fun for me.
Thanks that sounds good I will give it a try tomorrow if we don’t get a ice storm.

Thanks that sounds good I will give it a try tomorrow if we don’t get a ice storm.
????? LOL

Reactions: w_b
????? LOL
OP getting ready for his Allaire ride...who's LOLing now, eh?
night-king.jpg

Back
Top Bottom