Allaire?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm really surprised that Allaire has so much standing water. They must have got a lot more rain on Sunday morning then we did in the Princeton area.
Bingo. There was rain hugging the coastline this morning that wasn't touching down inland.

As much as I'd love to hook up with some peeps down there on Monday morning, I'm really thinking of staying on the road till Wednesday. Assuming decent weather between now and then, I'll likely be hitting Allaire that morning, before I drive to AC and eat like a pig.

I'd advise heeding Ken's advice if you do venture there tomorrow.

Frank

Sasquatch
As long as you know what trails to avoid, tomorrow will be rideable. Definate "bad idea" trails include the new switchback re-route, all of the river trails (including coke, north side of the lot and fisherman's rd across the way), steelman and the wetter side of tiger. Leaving the lot you are best to head out along the paved fire road to the interior of the park and hit the older, more sand-based trails that branch off of the main fire road.

As I mentioned earlier, the park has taken a beating this weekend. If you absolutely must ride on dirt, dont do it in the middle of a downpour (like today) and avoid the trails mentioned above.

If it gets colder than currently forecasted, expect a lot of luge runs. :D

perfect !!! couldn't have said it better.:)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As much as I'd love to hook up with some peeps down there on Monday morning, I'm really thinking of staying on the road till Wednesday. Assuming decent weather between now and then, I'll likely be hitting Allaire that morning, before I drive to AC and eat like a pig.

I could possibly be down with Wednesday. I went out on the road today and got soaked. So my winter shoes are wet wet wet. Plus, I just don't think it's a good idea to ride off-road at all tomorrow. It's really not that important. So I'm going road again tomorrow.

Frank

Sasquatch
Well I just got off the phone with Ken and he was shopping in the Allaire neighborhood and said it was pouring. So Joe, Ken said he would e-mail you but tomorrow is gonna be bagged. The trails won't take a ride after all the rain we've had lately. As Ben said it has reached it's limit. I appreciate all the concern everyone has shown regarding trail conditions....good stuff. So have a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with more riding.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I took home a demo road bike from Jdog last night. I'm gonna give that a spin tomorrow too. Hell is getting colder as we speak.

It's good stuff Jeff. On a more pragmatic note, apparently life isn't Hell on Earth, since it's not getting any colder *here*, which is why we're all out on the road. I did, however, see a pig fly over the house today.

Oh, and it's been absolutely pouring here for the last few hours. I'm nowhere near Allaire but man it's wet out.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Just got home from the hell that is shopping. Why do I wait until the 23rd every year?

It rained so much more than I expected, I will be bagging tomorrow also. My road has ruts down worse than it has had since that one real bd rain this summer. No way we will drain in time for tomorrow out in Allaire.

Joe I sent you an email, I really hope you check the board or that tonight. I cant find your number.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Ken, Frank, all -

Good judgement prevails...I just got home & received your email, Ken...it'll just be too soggy. :( :(

BUT don't forget I'm bringing the crew down (weather permiting :) ) on 1/27!!!

Thanks anyway you guys for your help!!

I1/Joe

Top Bottom