Allaire Video

Glancing Aft

So about a month ago I hit up Allaire with some of my friends for the first time. I had been looking forward to it for some time and really enjoyed it. Of course being the idiots that we are we found ourselves right near the river a few days after a rainstorm making it muddy. But it wasn’t bad.
Although a bit of a rush hack job I put together a video of the ride if anyone wants to see: http://blip.tv/file/101940

anrothar

entirely thrilled
great video! the helmet cam is pretty cool. really makes you feel like you're there. the vid also makes me want to make the two hour trek to allaire one of these days.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Cool!

Another fun video. It was interesting trying to recognize the sections from the camera's perspective.

The section along the river with all the bridges: Which side of Hospital Road is that?

Glancing Aft

To be honest, I don't know, we found it by chance (it being our first time there). We ended up getting stuck behind the golf coarse and having to backtrack. Dono if that helps at all with location?

scalpel6

Clips a long the river are on the parking lot side of hospital road. Great video.

There is some fun tech spots but it is always very muddy no matter when you go.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Clips a long the river are on the parking lot side of hospital road. Great video.

There is some fun tech spots but it is always very muddy no matter when you go.
I assumed that part, but can't recollect where they connect to the sections I usually ride along the river.

There's a trail head at the southern end of Tiger Woods that might be what I'm thinking of(?)

walter

Fourth Party
If you follow the river, doesnt it take you to the power plant place, and if you go the other way, it takes you back to hospital rd. I tried to find this trail a few weeks ago with no luck. Does the river emerge again somewhere deeper into the park?

walter

scalpel6

This area is located just off the Orange trail in the back of the park. There is a new down hill section that zig zags across the old trail that dumps you out to an open sandy area. If you were to follow the Orange marker you would go left back to single track. In order to find the area on the Video you have to go right. I hope that helps. I don't know any of the names for the different areas of the park.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ok so I found this spot today....rode it all the way to the golf course then could
not figure out how to continue so I needed to turn back.
does anyone know if there a way out by the course?
this is a mondo cool trail love the bridges....

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Ok so I found this spot today....rode it all the way to the golf course then could

Its is a one way in - one way out, no exit at the course. I know the guy that built all that stuff and he says there is more to come.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
reading "aft"'s first post he says that I thought I was going to find a passage to thru...
I think I might take my drill and some screws/braces and fix the last bridge one of these days it seems a shame to let it fall apart....

l8tr.

LandCruiser

Not recommended, however if you ride over the Golf Course bridge and hang a right or two you get back on a trail that drops you out near the beginning (or end) of Tiger Woods.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Cool running

Nice vid. If you liked those trails you will love Steeleman, Tiger Woods, The IMBA trail, (which was built with the IMBA trail care crew) and, the Hog Bog. There are other spots that I still have problems finding. I think a tour can be booked thru the Mayor of Allaire (also known as Frank H). Now I am not speaking for frank I just know he is justifiably proud of what Allaire has become over the last few years, and has been known to show the goods to those who ask.

walter

Fourth Party
Frank and crew's work speaks for itself. Its great to see days when its about 14 degrees out in February and you cant get a parking spot.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Not recommended, however if you ride over the Golf Course bridge and hang a right or two you get back on a trail that drops you out near the beginning (or end) of Tiger Woods.

Please dont do that, if your to lazy to ride back to the trailhead then maybe you dont belong down there. That trail took years to get right and traveling across the golf coarse puts all that hard work in jeopardy.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Please dont do that, if your to lazy to ride back to the trailhead then maybe you dont belong down there. That trail took years to get right and traveling across the golf coarse puts all that hard work in jeopardy.

This is one of the most important things we do not want to get a bad rep for riding on the non multi use areas.
as for this trail it is an unmarked trail there fore use at you own risk..but please
do either the swim to the other side or just back track....
as for the trails that Brian mentioned I think my fav is the glass trail in either direction....
ended up riding the pink trail today was a good ride but I did bring home 2 deer ticks so be aware the critters are about.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions