Allaire Update 2-14-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank

Sasquatch
Good news. The rain that was forecasted for last week never came and the wind helped dry things out a bunch. There are still some muddy areas, but it is not the disaster it was earlier this week. Allaire will be OK to ride, not great but ok tomorrow when the temps are below 35 degrees. So get an early ride before things start to soften. Thanks for everyones cooperation. :)

dualfisted

good news @ last!!!!!!!!

I rode once on dirt in the past month and it was a luge-fest @ Clayton. Been avoiding Allaire due to the poor conditions. Can't make 8 (won't get home from work til after) may be able to make a 9am start if the God's allow a ride at all tomorrow. I'd sure like to see some 501ers, been a while.
Edit edit edit: looks like I'm gonna hit the lot around 9 am if all goes well. I'll try MIG's and Mike's cellphones when I hit the lot to see if I can meet up with that ride!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode once on dirt in the past month and it was a luge-fest @ Clayton. Been avoiding Allaire due to the poor conditions. Can't make 8 (won't get home from work til after) may be able to make a 9am start if the God's allow a ride at all tomorrow. I'd sure like to see some 501ers, been a while.
Edit edit edit: looks like I'm gonna hit the lot around 9 am if all goes well. I'll try MIG's and Mike's cellphones when I hit the lot to see if I can meet up with that ride!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!

Yeah, I was at Clayton briefly today. That place is F'd!!...Slipped and crashed in the first 5 minutes and busted my rear derailleur hanger...That ended that ride. :cry:
Went home, fixed it and then cruised over to Allaire to check it out. I was surprised, Allaire was fine. Just a little mud by the parking lot but most of the rest of the park was dry.

Wish I could make tomorrow but got crap to do.

Last edited:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
todays ride was killer. me, chainsaw, walter and marty hit a good amount of the park hard. marty led and kicked my ass pretty good, but im thankful cause i need more hammerish rides like that to condition me better. walter will post up the motionbased later. its going to be funny looking, lol.

Mare

Just don't park in my spot !!!:getsome:

Funny thing is you really do have a spot, and everyone knows which one it is. I think that is the only park in all of NJ where there is a designated spot for anyone.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Smoking Tony and I rode every trail today. Great conditions with the only slop to be found on the Coke trail. In traditional Allaire style we saw almost no other rides in the woods and a million cars in the lot. You could see soom pretty heavy ruts from last week but gladly it wasn't as bad as I had expected.

Great day with signs of spring.

Rode the ss with a 34 x19 for the first time with great success. I had a 20 on as long as I have been riding a ss.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Trail Conditions

Looking forward to tomorrow morning. The freeze should lock in some of that goodness for a little while now. Any takers for a light hammer tomorrow at 7:30am? 1.5-2hrs??

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
todays ride was killer. me, chainsaw, walter and marty hit a good amount of the park hard. marty led and kicked my ass pretty good, but im thankful cause i need more hammerish rides like that to condition me better. walter will post up the motionbased later. its going to be funny looking, lol.

yes you do dude...you're trying to lose weight and im trying to not get fatter. pretty soon the stops will get shorter and the pace will grow, pushing yourself is a good thing. due to the climbing our average mph was slow. on a sad note that radio controlled plane that crashed no survivors were found. trails were nice and tacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions