Allaire Update 2-14-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircrashalot

Which trail best for a very, very beginner?

GOnna take my wife out to Allaire today & I have never ridden there. She is a super-beginner who I am trying to get hooked. Her bike has crap geometry for climbs....I want her to love it not feel overwhelmed. Was thinking blue trail? Whats the best choice?

Sircrashalot

Oh well...guess everyone is working or already out. If any allaire regulars are out there today I'll be on the white Santa Cruz with a red jacket. Mrs. Crashalot cant be missed with the pink & white basket on her bars. Say hello if you see us- love to put faces to names on here!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
they arent any terrible climbs in allaire except in tigerwoods and a few other areas. its kinda hard saying what would be best, but most of the park is somewhat flat. its definetly a good place to take anyone of any riding level though. i take mean irish girl with me there and she can hang just about anywhere in the park except for coming up imba or the switchbacks. even so she can still make it up those just a bit slower than others.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
funny you say that. yesterday was the first time in months that i had felt any sort of sand slip and slide there. but that was down the bottom where the beginners need not be at.

Sircrashalot

they arent any terrible climbs in allaire except in tigerwoods and a few other areas. its kinda hard saying what would be best, but most of the park is somewhat flat. its definetly a good place to take anyone of any riding level though. i take mean irish girl with me there and she can hang just about anywhere in the park except for coming up imba or the switchbacks. even so she can still make it up those just a bit slower than others.

Had a great time...overall very very flat. First headed out on orange looking for blue but ended up in the gravel pit. I found the blue & tried to follow it for the full loop but at some point ended up on orange & rather quickly back near the lot. Headed out again on blue, grabbed orange deliberately & down the hill then up the switchbacks (she did pretty well), then got a bit mixed up at a couple intersections but found our way back to the lot.
We had a great time. Thanks to everyone who puts time in over there...I will be back for sure...for a tour of some of the less well marked goodies like tigerwoods, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions