allaire trails

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
after Fridays rain did any hit the trails today? if so how were they I am thinking on going out tomorrow I did a road ride today..

Mike

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
allaire

i went to allaire the trail to the right with your back to the road was under water dude told me but...orange white blue were fine just soft it was a better work out then fun but still fun...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'd imagine that most of Allaire will be fine on Sunday, with the possible exceptions of Tiger Woods, the river trail, and the switchback reroute, which will certainly still be pretty goopy tomorrow.

As always, I'd defer to Frank and/or Ken on this one, but I'll likely be there tomorrow and probably avoid those trails I mention above.

ArmyOfNone

Will you ride the skinny wheeled orange beast?

I'd imagine that most of Allaire will be fine on Sunday, with the possible exceptions of Tiger Woods, the river trail, and the switchback reroute, which will certainly still be pretty goopy tomorrow.

As always, I'd defer to Frank and/or Ken on this one, but I'll likely be there tomorrow and probably avoid those trails I mention above.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Allaire is still quite the mess. They are predicting low 30's temps tonight, so its a good chance some of it will firm back up, but I am staying away tomorrow as well. I am sure the sandier trails will be rideable, but the ones ChrisG mentioned, plus the glass trail (white markers) and steelman (singletrack left turn once you get down the steps) will also have a lot of muddy spots.

I chose to take my rats to the Manasquan Reservoir today. Got in a 5+ mile walk with the preggo wife, and the boys rode 7 or so miles. There was a ton of standing water even on the gravel paths there.

dualfisted

rode allaire today

Most of the place is holding up pretty well (believe it or not), although I don't know every stinkin' trail out there. I did about 12-15 miles out there today and only the usual spots were real muddy. Some of the stuff was firmer than I thought it would be. Also, I may have been the guy that told Mr. Chainsaw the trail down by the river was under water. It was ugly down there. Of course a bunch of jackass equestrian riders ( I call them that because they didn't turn around and go back up), rode right threw it and you could see literally 6 inch deep hoofprints in the mud. I turned around and headed back up. I'd avoid that river section again tomorrow, even if the river recedes, but I didn't even wash my bike after my ride there today. I'll be there tomorrow.

B

BryanOutLoud

I was there

I too was there today, my God that river was bad. Super-Crested due to rain. Other than that, no complaints at all, I'm going to try to get back out there again tomorrow. I would suggest going for a ride, no road day for anyone.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
the dude who told me was parked next to me i have a blue mazda with black rims...but as far as allaire me and a 3 friends 2 of whom just started riding will be there around 10:30ish...driving down from woodbridge

Frank

Sasquatch
When you ride please be careful, and try to remember that 79 people came out this year to do trail maintenance for a total of 613 hrs. I would hate to ruin all the great work they have done. So please try to stay on the drier trails. Thanks

B

BryanOutLoud

Mr. Chainsaw

I parked right next to you yesterday my man. I must say, I was diggin' on your car, ha. And of course we will respect the trails. When is the first maintenance meeting, I'm sure there's already a post about it, if so, I'm sorry.

dualfisted

Frank, I hear ya on respecting the trails, I've told ya how much I like the work that's been done out there. It really is holding up quite well. Other than the river section which bikes couldn't even consider riding, although it didn't stop the horses, all the upper sections were in very good shape. They all seemed to shed the water quite well, the trail right from the trailhead was soft, but, wasn't bad either. Today it should be quite good out there. I'm sure theres some slop to be found out there, I didn't find it on my usual trails. TJ

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
bryanoutloud

well the fox flux helmut worked great...i took a dugger over the bars on a sketch hill after a dude with sweet chops(sideburns) told us it was muddy...big deal if people think the graphics are cheese...it works.!.i found the mud he was talking about...i took 2 dudes first time out on dirt/sand...they had a good time till the one guys chain streched and the other just isnt in good shape yet...they had fun but said it was boot camp...it takes me 2-3hours befor i get tired and start clippin trees...
next sunday im takin them to 6mile they will like it plus its 20min away

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
100_0250.jpg

the shoes were white kinda and so were my legs...

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Dudes
glad you all had a good ride I ended up rebuilding my wifes computer ( god I hate windows )
I did get out around 3:00 for a road ride so the day was not a complete loss....
that and the giants won.. :)

l8tr Mike

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
100_0250.jpg

the shoes were white kinda and so were my legs...

You are going to tear that fairing off the hatch with that strap on rack.

I have seen it done and it isn't pretty.

It isn't the standing weight of the bike(s) on there. Imagine the increase in pressure on those straps as you go over some bumps on the Parkway..

The result is rough. Broken car and potential loss of bike off the rack while going 70mph. Not so nice.

There is NO way that they designed that fairing to hang bikes off of.

I wouldn't use a strap-on on any car I liked or with any bike I wanted to keep on the rack.

Every year we sell some guy a bike that he looses off the rack (that he installed) at speed for a variety of reasons. Mostly people ignore the instructions which say that their car is a "No Fit".

Do yourself a favor and put a receiver hitch on that thing.

Look at the Thule T2 rack. It isn't cheap but it is cheaper than a new hatch or bike.

Last edited:

dualfisted

allaire yesterday

I went to Allaire yesterday and came out of there almost spotless. It was actually softer than the previous day, but still I rode trails that shed water pretty nicely and took it easy. I don't know where Mr. Chainsaw found all that mud at??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions