Allaire Sunday noon Beginner ride

Kmoodymz3

Taking some friends around Allaire Sunday. Meeting at 12 and will do a pretty easy ride for 2 hrs or so. Then going to Woody's Road House for burgers and beverages :D all welcome.

Kmoodymz3

Great. Weather is looking good so far and this nice dry week and cold temps should make the trails perfect.

PTB66

I hope it's still on....I'll be there either way around 11:30....I really need an official tour of this place.

Kmoodymz3

Will be RTR Hospital Road lot @ noon. This will be an easy pace so if you want to hammer you may be disapointed. Depending on how cold people get will probably ride 1-2 hrs.

I have a blue subaru wagon, riding an Ibis Mojo. John is on a Trek Fuel.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ok i have some stuff to do before i get down there. hopefully ill see yas there. ill be driving a silver civic hatchback

Kmoodymz3

Near perfect conditions at Allaire yesterday, 20 degrees warmer and it would have been perfect. Hope everyone had fun.

MIG you need warmer clothes! I'd recommend a jacket or vest that has a wind resistant front. This iwll keep your core body warmer. When the core starts to cool you brain says "stop sending blood to extremities" which just makes you hands and feet even colder. No way to warm them up without getting the core warmer! Oh and toe warmers are THE BEST invention since the MTB :D Sports Authority has them http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2561075&cp=&sr=1&kw=toe+warmer&origkw=toe+warmer&parentPage=search

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah i found the only thing that was cold on me yesterday were my toes. i actually went back to the car after i dipped off from you guys and warmed em up a bit than hit the river trail and doubled back on some of the orange trail for a bit and down the glass trail. also, after a little while my lungs got kinda used to the cold and i felt good.

PTB66

Had a great time yesterday.....Thanks for the tour.
Went back today and managed to put together a loop just shy of 12 miles . This time started out on the river trail..Thanks for pointing it out MIG.. I'm finally starting to figure this place out.

Top Bottom