Allaire Spare Tire Festivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bloody Mess

I glad to see everyone is out and riding. Having a good time. But the last 2 weekends have a joke. Riding in groups 15-20+ riders is absurd. Split the group up. Just cause you are in a group does not mean you have the right away. So if your going to have a group ride and invite the whole bike community keep it to smaller groups.

To JORBA,ATUG and any other groups or clubs that are out there a lot you guys know the trail etiquette. So the leaders of these groups should inform people. Horses, hikers or anyone else on foot then bikes.
ALSO uphill has the right away.

I was out there today running and basically got run down by a large group of riders 10+. I was running UP snake hill. Pull over or slow down. Next time I will not move or will be riding the bike with elbows out.

I have using Allaire for years it is getting crazy now. I know its winter and all the roadies are off the roads. And its the best time to ride there and conditions are great. But try to follow some type of etiquette out there.

MST.ESQ

Trail etiquitte should apply in every case, but I see no issue with 10, 20 or even more in a group.

I assume that you posted in the heat of the moment, but please think twice about riding with elbows out or blocking the trail. I ride NYC subways every day so I (and others that I know were at Allaire today) are immune to such antics.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I glad to see everyone is out and riding. Having a good time. But the last 2 weekends have a joke. Riding in groups 15-20+ riders is absurd. Split the group up. Just cause you are in a group does not mean you have the right away. So if your going to have a group ride and invite the whole bike community keep it to smaller groups.

To JORBA,ATUG and any other groups or clubs that are out there a lot you guys know the trail etiquette. So the leaders of these groups should inform people. Horses, hikers or anyone else on foot then bikes.
ALSO uphill has the right away.

I was out there today running and basically got run down by a large group of riders 10+. I was running UP snake hill. Pull over or slow down. Next time I will not move or will be riding the bike with elbows out.

I have using Allaire for years it is getting crazy now. I know its winter and all the roadies are off the roads. And its the best time to ride there and conditions are great. But try to follow some type of etiquette out there.

I think you should count to 10 and punch the 11th guy. Especially if he looks like a bear on a bike. Just kidding.

I personally don't dig the big groups either. Any more than a handful and it gets too slow and jammed up.

To be fair I was a Hartshore more than once and I came across a running club. Maybe like 100+ runners. Same situation just the opposite feeling.

It must have been nice out there in the snow today. You are a lucky guy.

dhsean

Elbows out is the only proper way to ride. :D

The big groups are a bit crazy. They generally split up into smaller A, B, C, groups within 20 minutes when everybody gets mad that they are going too fast or too slow. Last Sunday is bit of an extreme case and doesn't happen every weekend.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Funny no one caught his "spare tire" comment. Pretty doucheirific post.

Big group rides happen now and again. To someone that isnt wound up too tight, the large group rides arent much to worry about. Slight inconvenience? Sometimes. Cool to see a lot of people enjoying the woods together? Always.

Lighten up francis.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Please bear in mind as well that there are many riders in Allaire regularly who aren't involved in this forum, including some of the big groups.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Funny no one caught his "spare tire" comment. Pretty doucheirific post.

ROTFLMAO!! My first smile this week. On a serious note, how is the uphill rider considered on a switchback? The actuall rider pointed down, or the rider who is riding the elevation? Yea, I know it dont make sense, but does anyone understand what I am saying?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Next time I will not move or will be riding the bike with elbows out.

This isn't gonna work. If you want to ride around in the woods fast and not be bothered, don't go during heavy traffic times, or during days when huge group rides are posted. It's kinda like complaining about being stuck in rush hour traffic, just go somewhere the traffic isn't:rolleyes:

-Jim.

Shaggz

A strong 7
You know what I'm referring to, so don't try to bait me. I went against my better judgment adding your account, and you are only making me regret my decision.

While some of your points may be valid, the tone of your post leaves a bit to be desired. I will not tolerate this on the board.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
RANT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions