Allaire, saturday 12/16 time still open

anrothar

entirely thrilled
**RIDE CHANGED TO SATURDAY 12/16**

i rode this park twice, years(lots of em) ago, and remember it being a blast. it looks like they have all sorts of fun new stuff installed since then. so, not this weekend, but the next, i want to go down there and ride the hell out of the place.

anyone want to join me?

anyone want to show me and whoever else around?

Last edited:

NJ Jess

darn!

I'm working this Saturday and then exiting quickly to go to the Campmor H2H award dinner. You will love Allaire even more if you go with the guys from Brick Bikes or the guys from Beachwood Bikes. Enjoy!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would need to be on the road back up here by noon on saturday it turns out. which would be fine for me, or i could do it sunday. how early norm/jake?

jess, i've ridden witha bunch of crazy tattooed riders from brick township, don't know if they were shop employees.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That time probably works out for me too. It would be pushing it a little but I'll tell the wife (truthfully) that it will likely be my one and only ride down there in the next year.

I mean, I could wake up at 5 and be out the door by 5:30-ish. I think it would take me an hour+ to get there. Worst case rolling by 7:00 if I get up that early. Figure 3+ hours of riding and home before noon.

It's a little longer for you guys near route 80, but probably only 20 minutes?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmmm...home by noon would probably make the wife happy. i'll see what she thinks. the likelyhood of me riding there in the next year is pretty small as well. there are so many options w/in 20 minutes that it just doesn't make sense.

sean, wanna pick me up? not sure that the scrambler would make the journey.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'd be stoked to join you, but...

12/9 is kinda tough, since my brother's getting married that day and I'm the best man.

I can do the following Saturday (12/16). Or maybe you guys would like to check out what Hartshorne and Huber have to offer? That's a regular Saturday destination for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ChrisG aka "Mr Cat",

I can do the 16th instead. But how early can you start?

And I'm a little disappointed to hear that family comes before biking.

Sincerely,
Mr HorseShoe

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
go with him..

If you can hook up with Chris it would be your best best. He ride there a ton and his loops are great.

I was there a couple of time without him and I hated he place.

This is one of those spots where it pays to have a guide. Otherwise you will end up riding around in sandy circles.

j

ChrisG said:
12/9 is kinda tough, since my brother's getting married that day and I'm the best man.

I can do the following Saturday (12/16). Or maybe you guys would like to check out what Hartshorne and Huber have to offer? That's a regular Saturday destination for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I rode there maybe 6 years ago and said I would never go back. It was awful. Sand sand and sand. But with all this talk I feel the need to go back because it sounds not awful.

ChrisG

Sounds good to me

normZurawski said:
ChrisG aka "Mr Cat",

I can do the 16th instead. But how early can you start?

And I'm a little disappointed to hear that family comes before biking.

Sincerely,
Mr HorseShoe
I can do 8AM at Allaire on the 16th, no problem. We can blast around for 2 hours and yell yeehaw and yahoo. I actually have a wedding to attend on this day as well, but I'm not involved in the early proceedings. The weekend of 12/9-10 is gonna kill me: I can't ride either day.:mad:

There's not much in the way of steady elevation changes, but lots of twisty, flowing singletrack. Frank & Mike and their crew have done a lot of great work in this place. I was not a great fan of the place myself until recent years.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ChrisG said:
I can do 8AM at Allaire on the 16th, no problem. We can blast around for 2 hours and yell yeehaw and yahoo. I actually have a wedding to attend on this day as well, but I'm not involved in the early proceedings. The weekend of 12/9-10 is gonna kill me: I can't ride either day.:mad:

There's not much in the way of steady elevation changes, but lots of twisty, flowing singletrack. Frank & Mike and their crew have done a lot of great work in this place. I was not a great fan of the place myself until recent years.

Sweet, sounds good. Let's say 12/16 at 8:00am. We'll work out details later (official post, ride speed, etc).

ChrisG

anrothar said:
ok, im in for the 16th. ride officially changed.
Dude, I didn't mean to mess with your ride schedule!

Looking forward to 12/16; it'll be a good time.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the 9th would have been better for me, but let me see about the 16th. the only thing(s) that may keep me out would be:

1) extremely not happy wife/unknown honey-doo list
2) working on aforementioned jeep scrambler

anyone from the rte 80 neck of the woods going down want to car pool?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jake Jake Jake...you don't need to break out the excuses until after you missed the ride.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
jake, forgot to mention, i can drive no problem. i can take a third person as well.

chris, this doesn't really mess with my schedule much. there's plenty of other riding to be had.

i *might* also make a centralish jersey trip to 6-mile on sunday the 10th. not sure yet.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
i *might* also make a centralish jersey trip to 6-mile on sunday the 10th. not sure yet.

Interesting - keep me posted regarding time, etc. I would say if you're making the trip maybe also plan to throw in Sourlands. It's only 10 minutes away and it's a pretty limited trail system. Very technical but also very short.

Top Bottom