Allaire, saturday 12/16 time still open

brett? you coming? 8:30 rolling time means we should meet up at 6:30 i would assume, just to play it safe. let me know. leave a message on my voice mail and/or on here, as i'll check this before i head out.

I'll be driving a gray GTI, riding a black Bontrager with silver/red panels. I usually park along the back fence. I'm planning to get there around 8:20 or so. Should be a nice morning and trail conditions ought to be excellent. I was in there on Tuesday and it was as good as it gets.

nice ride..

Good fast pace and great company. More SS bikes than not..

As good as it gets.. Yep.

Rode the 180mm cranks for the first time. No better or worse as far as I could tell.

Very nice weather for December.

As usual Fred was testing his collar bones on trees.

Thanks All for much fun when I know I should have been at work.

Stange happening in the lot:

Saw a guy with a Flight Moncog. Asked the guy if I might spin it around the lot as I have never ridden a production version.

He flat out said NO!.. Nice. I guess my $5000+ Seven Ti bike was not colateral enough to ride his $900 bike.

I wished him well and rode away. I guess he was looking to collect bad Kharama points. He did in my book.

I have never experienced this before. If I could have farted just before I walked away i would have...

j

That was a fun ride. Thanks to Chris for leading us on all the right trails, something I can only do with dumb luck in Allaire.
It was great to meet everybody from up north, glad you all could make it.

We'll have to locate a good apre' ride chow down for next time.

Jay...I think you scared that guy in the parking lot with your friendliness.

Next time I will try wearing pants.

I guess a man wearing nothing but UGG boots was a scary thing.

j

That was a fun ride. Thanks to Chris for leading us on all the right trails, something I can only do with dumb luck in Allaire.
It was great to meet everybody from up north, glad you all could make it.

We'll have to locate a good apre' ride chow down for next time.

Jay...I think you scared that guy in the parking lot with your friendliness.

Had a great time!

The ride really came together well. We had guys coming from all over the place, and an interesting mixture of fitness/experience levels and bike setups.

I never fail to be stoked by all the great people I've met because of bike rides. Props to Brett and Sean for making the haul from up north, and Fred for riding his brains out and testing the sturdiness of some of the local trees.

Looking forward to doing it again at another locale. Thanks to all for a really enjoyable ride!

Yo Sean!

Do you have a GPS track of todays loop-dee-loops.

I am curious to see what route we actully took. Someday I might memorize it all but until I do..

Anyway great to ride with you guys again.

It is cool to see how each of see lines and handle bike through the woods.

I am actually glad I wasn't at Killington.

I think it is nearly time that we make the trip back twards you guys.

j

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1754373

that's the info from the 9th mile on, right before that steep ass climb that floored my hr. i forgot to hit the damned start button as usual. good news is i think we hit nearly all the trails of the first nine in the subsequent 14.

really fun ride. it was nice being able to hammer on the front with people, then drop back when my legs got a little shot mid ride and still have people to ride with. great trails too. thanks to everyone for coming out, and thanks to chris, chris, and scalpel6(sorry, forget your name) for leading us around.

we'll definitely have to set up a ride up here one of these days. my weekends are booked through new years, so perhaps after that, if you guys are up for some cold weather rides?

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=1754373

that's the info from the 9th mile on, right before that steep ass climb that floored my hr. i forgot to hit the damned start button as usual. good news is i think we hit nearly all the trails of the first nine in the subsequent 14.

really fun ride. it was nice being able to hammer on the front with people, then drop back when my legs got a little shot mid ride and still have people to ride with. great trails too. thanks to everyone for coming out, and thanks to chris, chris, and scalpel6(sorry, forget your name) for leading us around.

we'll definitely have to set up a ride up here one of these days. my weekends are booked through new years, so perhaps after that, if you guys are up for some cold weather rides?

Hey!

Bill was they guy on the Scalpel.

Cool to finally see a trail mappimg of that spot. Now it is more clear to me why I always feel like I am riding there in circles when I go by myself.

There are other trails that we avoided and they are very sandy.

Chris and Bill clearly have spent a ton of time here and that is why our ride was so fun.

j

Great ride! I look forward to doing it again. Chris, Thanks for leading the way. It was fun to do someone elses loop.

Another great one!

Once again, another beautiful day, another great ride.

Id like to take some time out to give some thanks.

1. Thank you to Allaire St Park for providing me the wonderful opportunity to become a pinball as a smacked up against the trees.

2. Thanks to ChrisG for the leading the way.

3. Thanks to everyone for pushing me along the ride and not leaving me back. Hopefully someday ill b able to keep up.

4. Thanks to Brett who hung back w/me while i was sucking wind.

5. My thanks goes out to J who always believed in me.

6. Thanks to Sean for his sweet beard, which was the reason we were able to get free refills on our ice tea. The waitress was diggin it!

7. Thanks to the sun for keeping me awake while trying to sleep, 3 hours was bout all i got.

Good times today, lookin forward for the next tourture session. :D

This may be funny to me and only me bc im near delirium from lack of sleep

Do you see what i see?

Cool to finally see a trail mappimg of that spot. Now it is more clear to me why I always feel like I am riding there in circles when I go by myself.

j

:hmmm: I see a red squiggly line. to the untrained eye, i wouldnt be able to follow that :hmmm:

Allaire Christmas Eve 8:30 am

HI, Doug here form the NJMBC, we are going to Allaire next week and I know the place like the back of my hand. If you would like to hook up please e mail me at velo@optonline.net
Doug Daniele

Saw a guy with a Flight Moncog. Asked the guy if I might spin it around the lot as I have never ridden a production version.

He flat out said NO!.. Nice. I guess my $5000+ Seven Ti bike was not colateral enough to ride his $900 bike.
j

Was it a Lime Green w/ a Reba on the front? Driving a chevy van? If so, I know the guy and he's not a bad guy...... I saw him in the lot this morning and he said that he rode it for the first time on sat......not an excuse,he could have said that, but sorta understandable. I may not let someone else try my bike before my first ride.....but a $5k Seven? Wanna try mine?:D

Was it a Lime Green w/ a Reba on the front? Driving a chevy van? If so, I know the guy and he's not a bad guy...... I saw him in the lot this morning and he said that he rode it for the first time on sat......not an excuse,he could have said that, but sorta understandable. I may not let someone else try my bike before my first ride.....but a $5k Seven? Wanna try mine?:D

Yeah that was most likely him. Although I don't rememeber a Sus. fork..

I don't blame him if had never ridden it before. I just wanted to spin it around the lot just to compare the frame feel to that of the Haro Mary. I am a dealer for both Redline and Haro but so far the Haro has sold really well so I haven't brought any redlines in.

Anyway did he let YOU ride it?? If so what did you think??

That frame is quite a bit lighter and more costly than your standard Monocog. That fame sells for just a bit more than the complete lower end version.

I guess I am always letting people spin around on my bikes and I thought asking the same would be no big deal.

No Sweat.

Merry X-mas and the like...

j

Actually I didn't ask...I just got done with mine not too long ago.
29erdisc.jpg

yeah it's not a Flight but I like it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom