Allaire Saturday 12/15 9AM

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Meant to post this sooner, but anyhow...9AM rollout. Looking to do 2 hours+, steady, intermediate+ pace. Ride will cover pretty much every trail in the park at least once. I'll want to keep things moving steadily rather than do the "hammer, stop, hammer, stop" routine. Gonna be a chilly morning, want to get in a good ride before the weather rolls in for Sunday.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sounds good :D

Word. I plan on being there but I may have of those goofy bikes with gears and springs and shit. Well not so much shit actually. I would bring the SS but keeping up will be enough of an issue without the goddamn thing dropping the chain every 8 minutes.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Meant to post this sooner, but anyhow...9AM rollout. Looking to do 2 hours+, steady, intermediate+ pace. Ride will cover pretty much every trail in the park at least once. I'll want to keep things moving steadily rather than do the "hammer, stop, hammer, stop" routine. Gonna be a chilly morning, want to get in a good ride before the weather rolls in for Sunday.

So what exactly is an intermediate+ pace? If I'm not skiing, I might make the drive down. Hopefully, I'll be skiing & I'll catch you next time.

Gary

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bring the SS but keeping up will be enough of an issue without the goddamn thing dropping the chain every 8 minutes.

You want to use my Surly Singleator? that might help.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You want to use my Surly Singleator? that might help.

Already got one on there. Still haven't worked the kinks out yet, obviously. Never had a problem when I was using the old inverted & stripped derailleur.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Already got one on there. Still haven't worked the kinks out yet, obviously.

You have to make sure it is tight enough. It took me a little while to figure it out the right tension. Are you running push up or down?

ArmyOfNone

They are overtaken by his manliness...as they gasp for that next breath they freeze in the path of this wonder. Its really not his fault....

O yea, I think im in. WooHoo

bobkennelly

The ride

It looks like I am moving my son out for his winter break at F.I.T. in the city. His last exam is today, so I need to do that before the krappy weather comes in, but I am going to try to get something in on Sunday if the snow is not too wet. Even if its at Thompson park by my house.There are alot of open fields to blast around in the snow, Ive done it before...

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hippy Dippy New too

Cool. We may see you out there. Art is making his first ride outside with the new hip :D , and with sloppy roads up north here, we will most likely venture down to Allaire for safer riding on Saturday. I may have a teammate coming from Ct, so we may not be able to make it until 9:45 or so, but we will look for you out there!

Ellen
:getsome: :getsome: :getsome:

trener1

Is this a SS only ride? or can I join on a geared bike?.
How fast is an intermediate pace?.
And lastly... if I follow the google directions to the link on the site, is that where
you guys will be meeting up?.

ChrisG

I'm in.
Are you guys meeting at the hospital rd lot?.
Sorry about the delay getting back to you, busy day.

Hospital Rd. lot it is. Bring whatever bike you'd like, it'll be a mix, including at least one CX bike.

ChrisG

So what exactly is an intermediate+ pace?
I don't know...something like "Sport class training pace" or "not beginner but not all-out hammering"?:D

Hope we can ride together soon, be it tomorrow or another time.

Top Bottom