Allaire - NOW!

D

DANSPANK

Well, at about 11:30ish.

I'm itching to get out so I'm going to pack up my stuff and head south. I'll be in a gray Audi, and on a "raw" Intense Spider 29er - red shorts. Stop me and buy one!

D

DANSPANK

Great ride today. There were quite a few wet spots and dark puddles that I gently rolled through but on the whole the park was looking great. I saw a lot of other riders and hikers out there - everyone was all smiles. I got just shy of 20 miles down:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/4677153

I couldn't even tell you which trails I went on. I took Franks loop with me but could tell its arse from its elbow in the car park so didn't bother trying to follow it. I did finds some toys down near the river to play on though.

Steve, I got your message and called you back but you must have already been out. Sorry about that. How 'nout Wednesday?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The golf course is a real bad idea, that trail by the river should be ridden as an out-and-back. Quite often people find themselves down there and figure they are semi lost, then ride across the course to find civilzation (shiz happens) but please dont head there on purpose =)

Pissing off the golfers will definately be bad juju.

BiknBen

Yes...understood. I've dealt with golf course issues at MCP back in the day.

I didn't realize some of those trails were even there. Even now I'm skeptical about how good they may be. I don't like their proximity to the river.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
They are there from fisherman walking along the river banks. Not the best trail in the park by any means, but on the right day it can be very scenic. When the level of the river is up the whole trail, or sections of it, are underwater.

MMuller

Allaire - Not now

Beautiful day, dying to ride. Just to get some miles in I rode my cross bike from home to Allaire assuming it would be wet and muddy but I could navigate around to some of the spots that I know to be drier, like the blue sections and orange on the west side. Indeed, some parts are in great shape but by far, the majority are just too wet and muddy. Perhaps best to let it be for a while. I ended up bailing after maybe a quarter of my usual ride there (although the cross bike is a blast in muddy conditions) and just put some more miles on the road. Still got to get a 20 ml ride in so a good way to end the year, either way. Maybe catch a wave before dark?! Happy New Year!

D

DANSPANK

The golf course is a real bad idea, that trail by the river should be ridden as an out-and-back. Quite often people find themselves down there and figure they are semi lost, then ride across the course to find civilzation (shiz happens) but please dont head there on purpose =)

That's exactly what happened. I took a downhill trail, ended up by the river and followed the fishermen's footpath. I came across a few skinnies and things down there but it basically leads nowhere. I came out next to the golf course and noticed that I was near to Frank's loop so tip-toed (follwed tyre marks) across the fairway and got back in to Allaire.

I wish I'd have known there was a planned ride there yesterday - it would've been fun to meet a few more people. Next time!

Top Bottom