Allaire Nov thanks

Frank

Sasquatch
Today we completed another record year for ATUG with 89 hours for the day and 775 hours for the year. I would like to thank everyone for their hard work today, and all year long. It has been a pleasure to work with all the folks at Allaire.
Thanks to:
Mike Flatley(nmbpmike)
Todd Walters
Berit Walters
Ken Seebeck(KenS)
Jake Seebeck
Justin Seebeck
Mike Confenti(mike_243)
Anne Tummey(AnneT)
Ruth Tummey(rocknrollgirl)
Chris Tummey(chris9er)
Sherry Shapiro(chemgirl)
Sean Tarricone(dhsean)
Jim Doeren(Jim&Val) Jim;)
Val Doeren(Jim&Val) Val;)
Paul Osbourne
Ebba Osbourne
Bill McGovern(scalpel6)
Greg Trout(beachwoodbikes)
Sarah Startek
Rick Steelman
Brian Snyder(Brian Snyder)
Chris Rogers(cdrmtbiker)
TJ Logan Jr.(dualfisted)

Thank you all for a GREAT year!!!

Frank(gt2brew)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
yet another good day giving back to the trails we use all the time...
glad to fix the "hill" on the river tail maybe now I have a chance to clear it in one shot...:)

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I think we really did a lot of good today. We will all reap the benefits when riding this winter. Hanging out around a fire with some great folks after was way cool too. I put another dip in at the bottom of the hill after you guys had gone thru, so keep an eye out for it on the way up the next time. See you out there.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very nice! 16 MTBNJers at this one. Outstanding! Good to see so many hours being put down there at the Sand Castle. ;)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Great TM day, great bar-b-q. (Unless you were a sausage)

Attachments

• gimb.jpg
    gimb.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 210

LandCruiser

Rode Allaire today and you guys did some excellent work. The Hills near the River trail looked great and the Downhill (or uphill) switchbacks were Awesome. Excellent work!!! looks like you really busted your butts yesterday.

Appreciate all the hard work.

dualfisted

woo hoo!

Yo guys, had a great time doing my first non-SORBA trail maintenance, jus makes ya feel good. I must've done some work, cuz my hands hirt a bit today. I think that any serious racer should try riding consistantly with a BOB trailer on back, it will surely make you stronger. Riding w/ the trailer was fun, and sure I'd have liked to try Tiger Woods with it, maybe next time. Sorry to miss the bar b q, but, fake thanksgiving @ my house was a good deal too. Look forward to a great winter riding season, cya's on the trails.
PS- did that dude just call Allaire a sand castle? It's our castle damnit, and when your trails are all snowy and swampy, your car will be one of the five gazillion @ the hospital road parking lot with the rest of the bennies, haha. 501 Crew represents EXTREME!!!! PS again- Mike, where is your car?????

Rogers

My story

I'm going to try and make someone :cry:

My friends and I used to ride a lot at allaire, hartshorn, mercer etc. As we got older, married, jobs etc. the frequency of our rides diminished and I found myself riding by myself for a while. Then I crashed on a solo ride and wound up in the hospital with a broken shoulder and a collapsed lung for a week. After I healed I started to ride again by myself but just couldn't get back into it. So this year I decided I needed to meet some new people to ride with and get back into it. So I attended one of the earlier trail maintenances at allaire and met a bunch of cool people. At the trail maintenance I found out about this site and heard about the Tues night beginner rides where I met some more cool people.

The main reason for my post is to let the newbies out there reading this know that, all you need to do is show up at an allaire trail maintenance and you'll meet some friendly new people to ride with and have some fun giving back to the park. If you can't make a trail maintenance and want someone to ride with just ask.

Second, I know a lot of people appreciate the work that we do at allaire and I've also heard some complaints. For those of you who appreciate the work thank you and you're welcome. I know we all have busy schedules but if you can find the time come join us and help give back in the spring. For those of you who complain...your complaints are welcomed and need to be heard so that we can see if they need to be addressed or ignored.

I'm almost done.

One last thing...Frank thanks. I have been riding allaire for a long time and I have seen the improvements over the years. Each year the park gets better due to your efforts.

I'm done.

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I think that any serious racer should try riding consistantly with a BOB trailer on back, it will surely make you stronger. Riding w/ the trailer was fun, and sure I'd have liked to try Tiger Woods with it, maybe next time.

Dude, you should see Frank do the alligator log pulling the trailer..:D

awesome post Chris sums it up very well indeed..
l8tr

dualfisted

great idea!!!

Or is it??? I want pictures or vid of the whackadoo who does it. The alligator log with a trailer, hmmmm???? I say it's totally doable.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I'm going to try and make someone :cry:

My friends and I used to ride a lot at allaire, hartshorn, mercer etc. As we got older, married, jobs etc. the frequency of our rides diminished and I found myself riding by myself for a while. Then I crashed on a solo ride and wound up in the hospital with a broken shoulder and a collapsed lung for a week. After I healed I started to ride again by myself but just couldn't get back into it. So this year I decided I needed to meet some new people to ride with and get back into it. So I attended one of the earlier trail maintenances at allaire and met a bunch of cool people. At the trail maintenance I found out about this site and heard about the Tues night beginner rides where I met some more cool people.

The main reason for my post is to let the newbies out there reading this know that, all you need to do is show up at an allaire trail maintenance and you'll meet some friendly new people to ride with and have some fun giving back to the park. If you can't make a trail maintenance and want someone to ride with just ask.

Second, I know a lot of people appreciate the work that we do at allaire and I've also heard some complaints. For those of you who appreciate the work thank you and you're welcome. I know we all have busy schedules but if you can find the time come join us and help give back in the spring. For those of you who complain...your complaints are welcomed and need to be heard so that we can see if they need to be addressed or ignored.

I'm almost done.

One last thing...Frank thanks. I have been riding allaire for a long time and I have seen the improvements over the years. Each year the park gets better due to your efforts.

I'm done.

Great story Chris... glad you shared it!

Frank has a great crew around him... I'm really proud of this chapter and its because of the folks that surround Frank that make this park shine. Another great year ATUG! Congratulations!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions