Allaire Beginner Group Rides

NJ Jess

Fun ride

I hope more riders come out and ride with us. Nice easy pace with lots of stops. Lots of good information about bikes, riding techniques, and refueling. Hope to see more of you getting in tune with your Ridingside!

trailrider

I think I saw someone mention that there's a group ride at Allaire on Wednesday nights for intermediate riders. Can someone who has ridden both nights give me an idea of the difference? I would like to meet the group tomorrow night, but I'm don't think I can make it. So hopefully another Tuesday. :)

Frank

Sasquatch
Beginner rides are at a real slow pace with many stops. I try to keep everyone together and it's a real chatty social ride. Intermediates are the same only faster and with little stopping. The attendance for the beginner rides has been tremendous, with the intermediate being the red-headed stepchild.

trailrider

Do you run the Wednesday night rides as well? I don't mind riding at a faster pace and not stopping, but as I mentioned, it would be nice to meet other riders. I've never ridden in Allaire. What is the terrain like?

Frank

Sasquatch
Yes I usually run both if my schedule permits. The terrain is flat by NJ standards, no rocks, and twisty fun.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Weather permitting yes, the crew will be riding tomorrow. Come on out, Allaire is awesome.

ArmyOfNone

Have things become sandy? Word is in the summer months the place becomes super sandy and not to much fun.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Have things become sandy? Word is in the summer months the place becomes super sandy and not to much fun.
It's gotten sandier in a few places, but the fun trails are all still fun.

The majority of the singletrack is not sandy at all; it's the doubletrack that gets dried out and loose in the summer.

The comments above are based on the hour and a half I spent there this past Sunday. YMMV, I suppose.

Frank

Sasquatch

funny thing is....i rode Hartshorne on saturday and I think there might be more sandy patches there than at Allaire. I'm trying not to be biased here.:D

trailrider

Weather permitting, I'll be at Allaire for the group ride tonight. I have a 45 minute drive, so I'm only going to head down if the sky looks promising. Can someone describe a car or person I should look for? Thanks so much and can't wait! :)

trailrider

:D I guess you'll be easy to spot?! - haha...The weather's not looking so hot. Just heard there might be flood warnings for this afternoon. If I don't make it out today, hope to see you next Tuesday or Wednesday.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Weather will be fine tonight, Sun is shining bright now as a matter of fact. Allaire will be speedy and fun tonight, maybe a few passing sprinkles.

Frank

Sasquatch
all good things come to an end.

Sadly 8-27 will be our last group ride for the season......See ya next spring.

J

Jeff

DOH! I don't get my license back until 8-21, wanted to do this a few times =P Guess i'll stick with my lone ranger allamuchy runs!

Top Bottom