Allaire ain't bad

E

Evil

I grew up just down the road from this place and was mountain biking there before I knew it was mountainbiking.
This place gets a bad rap, sure there are horses and horse crap & yes it is sandy, VERY sandy, but believe me, there are some GEMS hidden away. The upper part of the park is hardpack with some super fun drops by the sandpit (you'll know it when you see it) Toward the center of the park is tight singletrack which, unfortunatly is accessed by sand (riding in sand is actually a great training tool).
The lower part by the golf course and river is hard packed moist soil with a few stunts built, including a 4X8 down with a very low branch, quick right turn (or swim in the river) then steep rooty climb.
The highest point has what I call "Squirrel Drop" which has some size to it and a deep sandy landing that always reminds me of landing in powder on a snowboard.
Stay on the upper to middel parts if it's wet cause the sand packs down and more of the park links together, keep out of the lower parts due to severe mud.
All in all it's a tough (& fun) network to learn and ride, but hey, pressure makes diamonds.
I now live in North Jersey but frequently go down there to visit family.
If anyone ever wants to check it out let me know, I even have access to a pool nearby for a post ride soak.
I don't have any pic's but if there's interest, I'll definitly get some shots.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Very Fun!

I rode here today on the singlespeed. What a total blast.

Some sand but nothing super bad. The recent rain made it more tolerable.

The new trails are very fun. Mega twisty with a very good flow.

I can't wait to go back after a solid freeze.

Thanks for all the super trail work.

J_

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
jdog said:
I rode here today on the singlespeed. What a total blast.

Some sand but nothing super bad. The recent rain made it more tolerable.

The new trails are very fun. Mega twisty with a very good flow.

I can't wait to go back after a solid freeze.

Thanks for all the super trail work.

J_

Glad to hear that J.

Frank Harms and the ATUG crew work their azzes off down there.

I'll be down there this Sunday at the IMBA TCC free Trailbuilding School: http://www.jorba.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=378

all mtbNJ'ers are hereby INVITED and encouraged to attend either the Wharton or Allaire event!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I would love to!

But I have a long standing plan that i can't break.

If any of you guys learn anything that you would like to share I can always use a little hand at my local park.

We have been sprucing up some existing, negleted trails at 6-mile run.

An open invite stands for anyone who wants a tour.

J_

VanDbtRiver

first time for me @ allaire. Couldnt believe how good the conditions were. The parking lot resembled that of an h2h race, unreal. A true oasis for mtbrs when everything else is sub-par.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions