Allaire 2006

Frank

Sasquatch
Allaire TM 2006 Thanks

Well it's my turn to thank ALL you great folks for dedicating your time ,and energy to help build, and maintain the great trails we have, not only at Allaire (just a little biased :D ), but throughout New Jersey. Trail maintenance volunteerism from the MTB community is increasing all the time and I can't thank you all enough. Last year at Allaire we had 155 hours volunteered. This year we had 276 hrs eventhough we had to cancel 3 session because of rain.
We had an additional 108 hrs, thanks to all of you who joined us for the IMBA Trail Care Crew visit. That's 384 hrs of trail maintenance and building for Allaire:cool:. Allaire also got credited for the 80 hrs volunteered for our 2 Beginners Skills Clinics. We also hosted a National MTB Patrol training class this year.We had a lot of great things happen this year and I hope to carry this momentum on for 2007. Thanks again.
Frank

Last edited:
Glad to hear that such good things are coming out of the MTB community. One of my resolutions this year is to give back more in terms of trail building/maintenance. I am glad to hear that Allaire is receiving lots of attention. I used to live closer to the park and would ride there often and I loved it. Even did a race there once, came home with some interesting prizes and lots of great memories of little kids covered in mud and having the time of their lives in the kiddie race.

Speaking of kids, anyone know of any groups that teach kids to ride/gets kids on bikes? I have not begun to do any Googling on the subject yet. I believe that two things are fundamental to a child's development: education and exercise. I love to see kids enthused about biking and would like to investigate volunteering my time with organizations that get kids out to ride.

SpartaBard

Speaking of kids, anyone know of any groups that teach kids to ride/gets kids on bikes? I have not begun to do any Googling on the subject yet. I believe that two things are fundamental to a child's development: education and exercise. I love to see kids enthused about biking and would like to investigate volunteering my time with organizations that get kids out to ride.

This is actually how I spend my summer.

http://summer.mobeard.org/baseCamp.php?id=2
http://summer.mobeard.org/baseCamp.php?id=13

Frank

Sasquatch
Speaking of kids, anyone know of any groups that teach kids to ride/gets kids on bikes? .

For the last 2 years a group of us riders were involved in a Bike Rally held by a Boy Scout Troop in Brick. Lots of fun. This year I hope to expand on that idea and hold a Beginner Skills Clinic for Kids. The only problem I can see at this point is if their equipment will be adequate for trail use. I've already been approached by 2 Scout leaders. Now it's just a matter of planning it.The GREAT thing about the MTB community is that there is no shortage of volunteers when it comes to helping beginners.:)

Top Bottom