All you "after work" riders.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Noticed a couple of regular cars. Couple of subarus, a black civic with a hitch and some sort of intake.

I have the black WRX with the roofrack.

Just curious who else does the "after work" ride :)
Also looking if anyones interested to get a couple people together for a beginner/intermediate ride going at those times. or maybe even on the weekend?

KiteCrasher

Six Mile "after work" rider here.

Am very interested in a regular beginner/intermediate after work or weekend group ride.

Jeff

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
im actually moving to piscataway this week, right on river road. is there any trails local to the area i dont know about?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
im actually moving to piscataway this week, right on river road. is there any trails local to the area i dont know about?

the rutgers eco preserve is right next to you...

i'm at 6m around once a week after school, no car tho...

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I've been trying to get out after work at least once a week. Usually Wed., but varies due to weather. If the rain holds out I'll be there this Wed, between 4:30 and 5:00.

Tim

ellbiddy

I work at Rutgers over on Busch, the eco preserve is a big fat mess >:|. Anyone around here who wants to commute over with me to 6MR let me know. I work at the CoRE (Computer Research and Education) building. I live like 5 minutes from 6MR though, wouldn't mind jumping on board a group ride I've been riding here for about a year and change all alone ;p

Madness

I am still trying to get a clean up at the eco going so we will have another good spot to ride. I usually do an after work ride at 6 mile when I get home at a reasonable hour from the city. I am down to jump in on a ride this week. I am shooting for maybe thursday cause I am building my new bike wednesday, so a run at 6 mile will be a good test and fine tune ride.

antgold

Hartshorne "after work" rider here.

fantastic way to finish a day !

looking for partnerwith intermediate to advances skills to push/pull each other .

KiteCrasher

Pearl, wow small world. I live on River Rd as well in the condos just off the 287.

The eco preserve is close, but no were near as good a ride as 6 mile. I work on Davison ave. in Somerset, so 15 min after work I'm at six mile.

Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Pearl, wow small world. I live on River Rd as well in the condos just off the 287.

The eco preserve is close, but no were near as good a ride as 6 mile. I work on Davison ave. in Somerset, so 15 min after work I'm at six mile.

I F**CKING LOVE DAVIDSON AVE! i like to get my trails/urban fix there. its great, stairs everywhere and fun architecture. plus, u can always swing by a hotel and get stuff for free, like cookies at the double tree and all sorts of stuff at the exhibit center if you go in from the back entrance.

TommyCrash

I'll shoot for Thusday late afternoon for an beginner/intermediate ride. What time is good? 5-6-7? Anytime in between. I live 10 minutes away (with traffic) How long do you want to ride for? Keep posting or PM. I'm good to go and don't care about pace. I'm in the woods, I'm on my bike and everything else takes a back seat.

jimmysnukastyle

Six Mile

I'd be up for a group ride - should be able to make Thursday. I used to work on Davidson Avenue (still do sometimes) - there's a lot of land and streams behind all of those hotels. I drive a black Jeep Wrangler. We used to off road back behind the hotels and office buildings in it. Good times.
Dan

wingers

6-Mile Run after-work-ride

Six Mile Run Ride

I'd be interested , for an after work ride. But would have to be about 6 pm start for me. I work in trenton.

Ride mostly at Mercer, Washington Crossing/Baldpate Mtn and in Pa at Core Creek.

Weekend ride would work also.

--Santa Cruz rider :D

ellbiddy

I am still trying to get a clean up at the eco going so we will have another good spot to ride. I usually do an after work ride at 6 mile when I get home at a reasonable hour from the city. I am down to jump in on a ride this week. I am shooting for maybe thursday cause I am building my new bike wednesday, so a run at 6 mile will be a good test and fine tune ride.

Let me know if you get any time to work on those trails I'd be more than happy to help :)

GratefulRider

I ride hartshorne pretty frequently. Weather permitting, I shoot for at least 1 after work ride, maybe 2 if the schedule permits. I'm a pretty good rider. though I am not sure what your idea of "advanced" is.

I can usually do the entire park out and back (no fire road) in about 1.5 hrs and I usually don't have to put my foot down more than 3 times.

If you'd like to meet up and ride, I am up for it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions