All-of-Blue 2 This Sunday

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Anyone up for another epic tour of Blue Mountain on Sunday? 25-30 miles with minimal duplication or backtracking. 8 am...

All-Blue-race-map.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Wow, that's a lot of trails. I can only imagine how cool it must be to be even somewhat local to this place...

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
6 hours to be safe. It's hard to average more than 5 mph at Blue on a group ride, especially when the trails are covered in leaves, but I like to keep a solid pace going and keep the stops to a minimum.

New Monster trail re-route is awesome, for those of you who haven't checked it out yet.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
Looks like we'll have a nice big crew of WMBA'ers, NYCMTB'ers, a CLIMB'er or two, and hopefully some MTBNJ'ers- a large enough group to split into a moderate paced and a faster paced group. Do the whole thing or half...

xc62701

I wanted to join in but I'm going to have to bail in order to stay local because of time constraints. If anyone is even thinking about doing it...do it! It's a fantastic loop and blue is absolutely amazing!

Panhead

I wanted to join in but I'm going to have to bail in order to stay local because of time constraints. QUOTE]

Does that mean your heading to Kitt? It might be the debut of the Fixed 69'er rigid Rig. Of course I'll have the other tire with me incase it all goes to Hell.

R

rltrock

Skill level?

What's level do you guys ride at -- would an advanced beginner stand a chance of hanging with you?

xc62701

I wanted to join in but I'm going to have to bail in order to stay local because of time constraints. QUOTE]

Does that mean your heading to Kitt? It might be the debut of the Fixed 69'er rigid Rig. Of course I'll have the other tire with me incase it all goes to Hell.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. Sweet! I wanna see your demise first hand... :wedgie:

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
What's level do you guys ride at -- would an advanced beginner stand a chance of hanging with you?

Blue is challenging stuff, and even a "social" pace for the regular crew is pretty fast by beginner standards, but hey- you don't get faster by riding with slow folks. The trails at Blue are pretty easy to navigate, so you could always give it a shot and fall back on your own (print out the map from the WMBA website) if the pace is too fast...

jontotman

Viking worked really hard to convinced us to join this group ride so a few members of CHP Tribe will be there on Sunday.

Top Bottom