All-a-muchy Results are up!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
70th overall. A little disappointed that I didn't break the 5 hour mark. But then it appears this year's course was more difficult based on last year's times and the winners.

Next year no worse than 4.5, shooting for 4 with Sean.

heythorp

124 riders showed and road. I am sure some people didnt show who pre registraed but I doubt there were 75 of them. What was all the hype about to hurry becuase spots were running out :rolleyes:

good job to all that finished. must have been a very cold start.

ryderX

Excellent question..

heythorp said:
124 riders showed and road. I am sure some people didnt show who pre registraed but I doubt there were 75 of them. What was all the hype about to hurry becuase spots were running out :rolleyes:

good job to all that finished. must have been a very cold start.
Excellent question. The "hype" was all about logistics, man hours and volunteers. We literally spent 11 hours (each) marking the course on Saturday, and none of us (grand total of 3 people) got to sleep earlier than midnight on Saturday, only to awake at 4 AM Sunday and head over to the race site. Our concern was twofold,
1. of having 120 people show up at 630 AM and expecting to be/get registered before our 8 AM racer meeting.
2. was knowing how much food, drink and swag we needed.
Our intention was and will be in the future that there will be NO DAY of registration. Our goal is to keep the event grassroots, fun and low pressure for everyone involved, You and Us...
See ya next year.
Kris Weber
P.S. who's idea was it to walk the course and mark it instead of riding it ? Fire that person...:eek:

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Its called...

motivation!!!

We want to thank all the riders that came out on Sunday. We hope that everyone had as good a time participating as we did putting on this event. Look forward to seeing everyone next year!

Bob W.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bob W said:
motivation!!!

We want to thank all the riders that came out on Sunday. We hope that everyone had as good a time participating as we did putting on this event. Look forward to seeing everyone next year!

Bob W.

Bob,

Kirt informs me you were the guy waving people in a certain direction just under an hour into the couse. That means you're also the guy who directed my friend on how to get out of there in one piece. On his behalf, thanks for the help.

Also, thanks to all who helped on the event.

Norm

NJ Jess

Great Race

Norm, approx 8 minutes separated us. you came in 70 while I came in 76th. It was a lot of fun wasn't it!!!! Get out and ride!.......Once I recover, I will.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
NJ Jess said:
Norm, approx 8 minutes separated us. you came in 70 while I came in 76th. It was a lot of fun wasn't it!!!! Get out and ride!.......Once I recover, I will.

Jess,

We were in the rest stop together. You had a bloody knee, right? I heard someone say your name but I didn't want to ask some random person if they were the same Jess from the message board. You may remember me as the guy who was inhaling Coke.

Next time I'll say hello.

Norm

S

Stan LeCupp

Kirt said:
Alex,

How did your shock hold up during the race?

Kirt

Hey Kirt

My shock held up during the race.I was very bummed when I thought I couldn't race.I didn't think my warmup would consist of two high speed shock repairs :rolleyes:.Great day though, I had fun.From now on I'll carry my spare on cold days.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryderX

Stan LeCupp said:
Hey Kirt

My shock held up during the race.I was very bummed when I thought I couldn't race.I didn't think my warmup would consist of two high speed shock repairs :rolleyes:.Great day though, I had fun.From now on I'll carry my spare on cold days.
Alex, I had never seen nor heard of the problem with Fox shocks until that morning. Lo and behold 20 minutes after I saw you repairing yours, mine did the same thing.
Glad you managed a quick fix.
Kris

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
ryderX said:
Alex, I had never seen nor heard of the problem with Fox shocks until that morning. Lo and behold 20 minutes after I saw you repairing yours, mine did the same thing.
Glad you managed a quick fix.
Kris

Kris,

Did you sort that out? I re-read my manual for the DHX Air and Fox suggests a field fix of:

letting out all the air
pumping to a pressure of 250psi (that might be dhx so check your manual on max psi)
shock should release and go to its full stroke
*swift kick (if it does not go to full stroke) ;)

p.s. Step 4 is not recommended by Fox. ;)

ryderX

Mergs,
I thing i got it. Bob walked me through it, and explained that had to do with cold weather, the grease that Fox uses in the shock, and also something about my dietairy habits.
Kris

S

Stan LeCupp

ryderX said:
Mergs,
I thing i got it. Bob walked me through it, and explained that had to do with cold weather, the grease that Fox uses in the shock, and also something about my dietairy habits.
Kris

It's seems this problem is pretty common with the dhx air, although it also happens on the other fox shocks too. Luckly I have a spare. I sent it to Fox, they claim there was a bad batch of seals.I heard the one's with newer seals get stuck down too:confused: . Some guys on the mtbr board claim a little fork oil will help thin out the fox oil.I have little faith in the shock on cold mornings now. Turners sending me a coil to try.It's alot heavier but I'll see how I like it.

xc62701

normZurawski said:
Jess,

We were in the rest stop together. You had a bloody knee, right? I heard someone say your name but I didn't want to ask some random person if they were the same Jess from the message board. You may remember me as the guy who was inhaling Coke.

Next time I'll say hello.

Norm

I didn't see any narcotics at the aid station!!! :) LOL

Ryan H.

NJ Jess

the other one

Nope, it wasn't me. Yes, she scaped her knees and her name is Jess also, but it wasn't me. However, I was riding with her since we tagteamed most of the race. I was in the food station enjoying the Coke and conversation until my fellow Team Bulldog rider kicked me out saying,...."No Coke for U,....U go now,....U B Here for 4 hours,....Go Away,.....(at least thats what it sounded to me. )

need more M & Ms

Top Bottom