All-a-muchy/ More-a-muchy 07

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
WOW!!! just got the email!!!!! kickass!!!

Registration
for
ALL-A-MUCHY (50k)
and the new
MORE-A-MUCHY (100k)
opens
Wednesday, August 1, 2007

xc62701

Ug...I've got a wedding to go to that day. Such a downer. I did the 50k last year and it was great! HARD but great. Get ready to fight through the cramps.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
tell me about it. I've done it twice, cramped the 1st year, didn't cramp last year.

I am debating to go for 50 or 100....

I wonder if there is a time limit for the 100?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool. I debated doing the 100 but that's a bit crazy. You and I finished very close together last year.

Shaggz

A strong 7
looks like i am still in for the 50, although i really need to play catch up between now and then to remotely consider finishing it.

xc62701

I finished in 4:19 last year I wanted to try and break 4 this year. The 100k wouldn't be bad until you look at the elevation. That'll be about 30,000 feet of elevation. Anybody feel like riding up Everest?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
30,000? I don't think that's right. Wasn't it 5,000 last year?

I didn't finish near you. I'm not that fast.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
yep 1 lap is around 5,000 so for the 2 laps will be around 10,000+

Yeah, I think I am leaning more towards the 50k now, since I have no time to really put on some miles before the race

BiknBen

31 or 62 miles on a rigid SS 29er is a long way. They do have a SS class though. I'm intrigued and will keep it on the schedule.

Here's more info from Marty's Reliable web site:

All-A-Muchy and More-A-Muchy
Presented by W2 Sports

Are you up to riding all of Allamuchy?

50 and 100 kilometer Off-Road Mountain Bike Challenge
Saturday, October 6, 2007 - Route 517 Trail Access (behind Tranquility Farms)

Come and challenge yourself (and your buddies) in a test of your technical skilils and endurance as you race against the clock. There will be a mandatory cut-off time checkpoint for the 100k. As long as you exit the checkpoint prior to the cut-off time, you can continue the challenge.

Online registration will open in June on www.bikereg.com
http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=5149

For more info, email w2-sports@hotmail.com

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They really should publish what the cutoff times are.

I'm just going to stick with the 50k again this year.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Issues

Ridged SS...last year the person that won wa on a ridge SS (Topher from South Mnt Cycles).

Norm, just sign up for the 100 and I wil make sure you dont get pulled fromthe course. The cut off will allow for ample time to finish if you are really going to finish, meaning that if your not rolled up in a ball from cramps and sheer exhaustion you will finish! :)

You have to keep in mind, we have put the idea out there that there will be a cut off so there won't be people out till all hours of the night. If you recall we said the same for the 50 K race the first year as well. Ya know what, we did not have to use a cut off. It's primarily to let people with no idea how long it will take them something to use as an indicator.

Come on out it will be fun!!!

Bob

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tim Dougherty won, you history revisionist.

On the 100k, not sure I won't be curled up in a ball and cramping so the 50k might make more sense. We'll see how I do in the 24 hour race before I commit to anything. But point taken on why you mention a cutoff.

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Not so fast...

Hey...If you read BiknBen's post he was talking about SS, which we had a class for. And Topher won that class on a ridge SS.

Now get back to work and stop looking at the internet so much!!! :)

Bob

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So to elaborate on my indecision a bit more. One one hand I'd love to try the 100k because it's a pretty epic ride and it's a heck of a challenge. On the other hand I want to measure this year's performance against last year's so that suggests I should stick to the 50k and maybe actually finish one of these 50 milers next year before I try the 100k. Anyway that's where I stand. Currently a strong lean towards the 50k but you never know what will happen.

Bob W

JORBA.ORG
Move forward...

Only way to progressionis to move forward and continue to challenge yourself. Do the 100K! Come on you know you want to...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well yes, this is true. But, you need to progress sensibly. For instance just because I can eat 1 hot dog doesn't mean I can challenge that Japanese guy in the hot dog eating contest.

Top Bottom