All-a-muchy is done

xc62701

What an epic ride...I was glad to see that so many made it out to enjoy a nice fall day. I had nightmares of the 24 hour race as we crossed some familiar territory but overall it was a good race. Conditions were - dare I say it - dry. Of course there were some muddy sections but a nice course. The LeMans style start was interesting of course, especially across a frozen, uneven soccer field only to have nice soaked feet once you jump on the bike. It was a cold morning. I wish I had put on a base layer for my legs but overall the short bibs were fine. About 5 miles in my toes and fingers actually had feeling again...that was nice. What a rough course though. A normal 30 mile race wouldn't be bad but at allamuchy you knew it was gonna be technical and it was. My shoulders are so sore from all the beatings the rocks and roots gave me. I finished pretty decently and only had one hamstring lock up on me at 3 hours in. Then I was just careful the rest of the ride. Finished around 4:20 or so. Solid day, long course. I heard one of the fastest times was 3:30. How'd everyone else do?

Ryan H.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
really fun course! thank you Kris and Bob and everyone else who organized. great job to Maurice and Jess for top five male and female! and great job to everyone else here that raced. i had some speed issues(meaning i wasn't fast enough:D ), and finished in just under five hours. Alex was hot on my tail at one point late in the race. first place was right around 3:30. third place overall: rigid single speed guy 'topher', with a time of something like 3:45. absurd! Chris and Norm did great also. Good job Ryan, sorry that i didn't get a chance to meet you there. Jess too, although i definitely saw you this time collecting your trocky.

Last edited:

xc62701

anrothar said:
really fun course! thank you Kris and Bob and everyone else who organized. great job to Maurice and Jess for top five male and female! and great job to everyone else here that raced. i had some speed issues(meaning i wasn't fast enough:D ), and finished in just over five hours. Alex was hot on my tail at one point late in the race. first place was right around 3:30. third place overall: rigid single speed guy 'topher', with a time of something like 3:45. absurd! Chris and Norm did great also. Good job Ryan, sorry that i didn't get a chance to meet you there. Jess too, although i definitely saw you this time collecting your trocky.

Yea thanks to everyone who set this up and helped out. EWhat a day! Sorry I missed ya too. I didn't see many people from the campmor series. Only a few that I recognized. I did see Jess though. Congrats on her finish. I basically finished, grabeed a dog and a drink and headed to the car for some warm clothes. Then once in long clothes and with some food in the gut all I wanted to do was sleep. So off I went to go kick back for a while and my nap was wonderful. :) Good race everyone! I'm glad I survived, the bike survived, and had no real issues besides my body mechanical for a couple of minutes. 909 and Williams are on the slate next...

Ryan H.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sean, nice meeting you today. Good job on the sub 5 hour mark. By the way, did Harlan Price win?

I'm really tired. But I'm drinking beer from my new glass. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

NJ Jess

In my delirium

In my delirium, I couldn't stay for long. TR is a long drive without cruise control. I too slept a bit at the BK half way home. Amazing to know the human body can put out so much effort. congrads on the Finish! We how can add it's improvement to our winter training workouts. I'm in for Darkness 909, but I'm not certain on the William's Lake Race. Although,....It's absolutely a great course. More info on Bikeway.com Now,....sleeep

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Harlan broke his pedal after the first turn(in the boy scout camp)that had a person at it. he rode all the way back, i think hoping to fix it and take off again, but ended up calling it quits. Tim Dougherty won.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I ended up sweeping the course (the first half) and man... did I want to ride the second half! What great stuff!

Lots of 24HoA trails, but in the opposite direction, which is a nice change!

It was a chilly day, but boy... it was beautiful back there. Nice seeing many of you again, and putting some new faces to names.

J-Dro

This was my first MTB race of any kind, so my modest goal was just to finish. The organizers, volunteers, and of couse Allamuchy itself were all first rate. Everytime that I felt like my legs were the density of lead and I just couldn't take anymore pedaling, a sweet downhill section would come along to get the adrenaline pumped back up and kept me going. The course had great flow to keep it interesting... although the climb after the halfway point almost broke me. The overall vib at the event were great. Kudos to W2 sports and to the mechanic from Cycle Works who had my friends derailler problem solved in minutes.

Maurice

This race is always a blast, thanks very much Bob, Kris, and team.

Kudos to all who came to race. Every one I saw passing the line had such a big smile. Didn't feel so cold seing that.

This is without a doubt the best race of the season, even with having to hike around looking for the trail under the leaves :)

Cheers,

Maurice

xc62701

Maurice said:
This race is always a blast, thanks very much Bob, Kris, and team.

Kudos to all who came to race. Every one I saw passing the line had such a big smile. Didn't feel so cold seing that.

This is without a doubt the best race of the season, even with having to hike around looking for the trail under the leaves :)

Cheers,

Maurice

Yea I was so uplifted by the final fire road descent that I had a big grin on my face...until I realized that we were to be diverted a few more times to cover the rest of the park that was no more than 100 feet from the finish...lol. Once I saw that kinda paved straightaway I big ringed it and sprinted just so I knew it was over. Everyone was so kind in the race too. It was nice to chat a little as others passed and caught up with one another. I still remember the feeling of no one being around me for like an hour plus and thinking - God I hope I'm still on the course...lol.

This morning I'm assessing what really hurts from the race. Everything is pretty normal except for the fact that the pads of my feet are swollen - hahaha. I never thought that would happen. I'm really looking forward to the 909 next. I guess it's time to break out those lights again.

Ryan H.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Wow - seems like it was a great time this weekend - perfect weather. I saw John & Frank from cycleworks, and they had nothing but good things to say about the race. I'm setting this as my goal for next year.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First half of the course was goog stuff, nice mix, really enjoyed it. I cleaned the last little technical section right before the rest stop and the guys there said I was only the 4th person to clean it all day. Felt pretty good at that point. Second half was good too, a lot of techincal stiff that I love...BUT, I prefer to be more rested when I attempt it. Also had a few moments where I was like, "I...have no clue where the trail went."

Too bad I didn't get to put more faces to names, and vice versa. When I was done I was, well, done. Best goddamn hot dog EVER!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yeah, i would like to doubly thank maurice, ryan, and the other 50 riders who finished ahead of me for making it easy to find the trail. i couldn't imagine what the first 20 had to deal with. we had a nice, packed down line to follow by the time i got to it. i only actually rode off the course once. had to stop and look around a couple of other times. damned leaves. nice job cleaning that wet tech section norm. i certainly didn't.

xc62701

anrothar said:
yeah, i would like to doubly thank maurice, ryan, and the other 50 riders who finished ahead of me for making it easy to find the trail. i couldn't imagine what the first 20 had to deal with. we had a nice, packed down line to follow by the time i got to it. i only actually rode off the course once. had to stop and look around a couple of other times. damned leaves. nice job cleaning that wet tech section norm. i certainly didn't.

I know what you mean about the leaves - I certainly thought I was lost at one point. The trail just ended and I vaguely saw a path that was beaten down. Luckily I found it cause there was no one around me to help out, that's also why I was paranoid...lol. Does anybody know how many people were there? I think I did ok I'm just curious as usual as to where I ended up in the standings.

Ryan H.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this is a goal of mine for next year. gotta get the lbs down b/c hauling my 220 lb arse up and down the mooch is NOT an option.

SpartaBard

Did this include that new nutty section at the top of the Ditch Trail where the trail goes over a series of solid rock outcrops?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Steve, Jake,

Just do it! Nothing to it. I'm looking to learn that park better in the future. We'll have to meet up and ride there.

TKR

Sparta Brad said:
Did this include that new nutty section at the top of the Ditch Trail where the trail goes over a series of solid rock moutcrops?

that section was not in it...though that makes sense. Imagine the organizers trying to peel bodies off all those insano rocks.

Top Bottom