All-a-muchy is done

SpartaBard

TKR said:
that section was not in it...though that makes sense. Imagine the organizers trying to peel bodies off all those insano rocks.

They would probably have peeled me off of a lot of sections over there besides the part we are talking about, especially if I felt the added pressure of going fast b/c it is a race.

xc62701

Sparta Brad said:
They would probably have peeled me off of a lot of sections over there besides the part we are talking about, especially if I felt the added pressure of going fast b/c it is a race.

Yea there were some sections that if I were on my own I probably would have done a little more cautiously, but it all worked out in the end. I also wouldn't have caught that log that I did and endo'd in the first mile if I wasn't in the race but that was fun once I got up, remembered where I was and kept going...lol.

The main thing I was thinking the whole time - how the heck do those singlespeed guys do it?!??!?!?!? I give them a lot of credit. I've got a SS to play on and I don't know how I would have done on that course. I bet I would have been MUCH slower.

Ryan H.

Maurice

xc62701 said:
Yea there were some sections that if I were on my own I probably would have done a little more cautiously, but it all worked out in the end. I also wouldn't have caught that log that I did and endo'd in the first mile if I wasn't in the race but that was fun once I got up, remembered where I was and kept going...lol.

The main thing I was thinking the whole time - how the heck do those singlespeed guys do it?!??!?!?!? I give them a lot of credit. I've got a SS to play on and I don't know how I would have done on that course. I bet I would have been MUCH slower.

Ryan H.

I was humbled while I was still with Tim. I was actually right behind Harlan when he broke his pedal (I swear I could still hear him cursing several minutes later). Those guys literally fly over the rough stuff... Truly inspirational.

Last year I rode it on a singlespeed. It was fun but you end up walking a lot on a course like that. When you're not walking on the other hand you make up lots of time, but overall I still believe it's a bit slower. It's not as hard as it seems though, as long as your gearing is ok.

Cheers,

Maurice

anrothar

entirely thrilled
steve, now that you've committed, if you fail to follow through, you will have to eat half of my beard.

Shaggz

A strong 7
anrothar said:
steve, now that you've committed, if you fail to follow through, you will have to eat half of my beard.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

Only if I can wash it down with a pint of trub. BTW - when is that o.i.s.
gonna be drinkable.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
deal on the trub. and three weeks after i get my lazy ass around to bottling it. i didn't want to do it while sick, so the last week and a half were out of the question.

Top Bottom