airless?

If they make a road bike version I would try it... Just because I prefer to form an opinion based on experience

I know we are not supposed to ride on the trails when they are muddy... but cant you see these getting full of mud when you go through the random puddle or two?

and sticks would do a number too, hell I had a stick jab into my tire valve, last Sunday at High Mtn, and almost rip it off ending with a flat. How the hell does that happen? (actually I know why but, don't want to be reminded)

the diagram below the video shows a sidewall will cover the sides to prevent such things.

If you actually read the words around the video, you would know that this prototype does not have sidewalls but that the final product will have a thin skin to keep debris out of the tire :D

This definitely looks like a prototype, although I could see it working pretty well in it's current iteration in places like Sedona or Moab.

I love the idea of it, but it's actually been around for a long time and hasn't met with a whole lot of acceptance for whatever reason -- I remember seeing airless tires with designs similar to these featured in Popular Science back in the 90's. It'll be interesting to see where these go.

Back
Top Bottom