Air Compressor 33 gallon vertical $150 Bergen County

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyPete

I am cleaning up and I am tired of moving this around.
It is at least 15 years old and I have used it about a dozen times. I am the original owner.
I bought it for a project and should have unloaded it when I was done.
It was always drained after each use.
I looked up the model # 919.68700 and this looks like the modern replacement:

Online manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/880727/Craftsman-919-168700.html#manual

It comes with no hose.
$150
It is located in 07481 (Wyckoff).
It is heavy and not the type of thing you can pick up and put in your car trunk.
I use my pancake compressor all the time and that is the way to go, in my opinion.
If interested, PM me.

Some reality.
Reasons why you should NOT buy this:
It is at least 150 lbs and even with wheels, is a pain to move around.
It is loud.
It draws some current and should have a dedicated circuit breaker.
It takes a while to fill up.
It takes a while to drain down.
The footprint it takes is about 2 feet square by a little over 4 feet tall.
It is overkill for most people.
You will need to spend more money on tools and a hose if you don't have one.

Maybe the only reason it should be bought:
To replace an existing one.
You need one this big and you are sure of it.
You have a project that needs this size CFM and pressure, and then you will sell it afterwards.

There you have it.
20200912_143947.jpg20200912_144001.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyPete

@serviceguy
you are correct and you win a slow pace tour of Ramapo, the OTHER side of TOS if you want.

@onetracker
Tools;
Air Hammer 875.191190
Ratchet Wrench 3/8" drive 875.191171
Impact Wrench 1/2" drive 875.191180

Truthfully, I want the tools to go with the compressor.
If you bought the compressor and tools for $150 and then put the compressor back up for sale using the same pictures I posted, I wouldn't be upset at all if you wanted to flip it.

If you are downsizing like me, then go the route that I am looking at: cordless electric impact gun.
I have friends that use them and say they won't go back to compressors, they are that good now. For about $200 or less you can get name brand cordless impact and not deal with air hoses or compressors and CFM concerns.
For the amount of time it takes to fill the compressor to run the air tools, I can use a tire iron and get the lugs off faster. And not have to drain down the compressor afterwards.
That's is what is driving this sale. I think that if I get the cordless impact, it will save time and space in the garage when I do brakes and tire rotation.
Maybe @UtahJoe or @Patrick can comment on the new cordless impact vs old school pneumatic tools if they use them.
Thanks,
Pete

20201027_210004.jpg

serviceguy

Slow is good.

If you don't mind me chiming in, I do have a cordless impact wrench and ratchet, both 20V from Ingersoll-Rand and well worth the money. The only inconvenience is the added mass and volume of the battery. Instant torque without having to wait for the tank to fill at pressure. Obviously, there's plenty of application that require a compressor, but for impact and ratcheting I would definitely go for it!

Last edited:

02camaro

@serviceguy
you are correct and you win a slow pace tour of Ramapo, the OTHER side of TOS if you want.

@onetracker
Tools;
Air Hammer 875.191190

If you bought the compressor and tools for $150 and then put the compressor back up for sale using the same pictures I posted, I wouldn't be upset at all if you wanted to flip it.

If you are downsizing like me, then go the route that I am looking at: cordless electric impact gun.
I have friends that use them and say they won't go back to compressors, they are that good now. For about $200 or less you can get name brand cordless impact and not deal with air hoses or compressors and CFM concerns.
For the amount of time it takes to fill the compressor to run the air tools, I can use a tire iron and get the lugs off faster. And not have to drain down the compressor afterwards.
That's is what is driving this sale. I think that if I get the cordless impact, it will save time and space in the garage when I do brakes and tire rotation.
Maybe @UtahJoe or @Patrick can comment on the new cordless impact vs old school pneumatic tools if they use them.
Thanks,
Pete

View attachment 142325
I have a Milwaukee fuel 1/2 impact and a snap on mg725 impact. They are both extremely powerful and for the home gamer you are missing nothing going with electric over air. For daily professional use the air is lighter, more durable and in a shop setting with a snap on rep easily serviceable. I think in a head to head the snap on is a little more powerful but you aren't coming close to that kind of power with a lesser air impact. the craftsman/husky/low end harbor freight air impact stuff are plain weak.

The new lithium brushless stuff is really as good as people brag it up to be, it's not the finicky NiCad/NiMh stuff from years ago.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have the dewalt 1/2 20v impact and for simple things like tires/brakes its fine, i also have a 3hp 60gal air compressor in my garage to power my air tools, the electric stuff does fine on light duty jobs, but doesnt quite have the oomf (i think the electric gun is 400ft lbs, my air impact is 1200, you do the math) needed for bigger jobs (think pulling bearings or driveline work, or big rusty nuts (lol)) . You SHOULD have at least a small air compressor anyways to fill tires and clean crap off.

i love my cordless (LiIon) stuff so much that im slowly doing away with all my corded power tools (most recently i picked up the 60v circular saw, thing is a freaking beast) and just buying all my tools from the same company to amass a collection of batteries, it eliminates the runtime anxiety bc you always have a freshly charged battery ready to go, just swap and keep going.

onetracker

@serviceguy

@onetracker
Tools;
Air Hammer 875.191190

Thanks,
Pete

View attachment 142325
Thanks. I am going to pass. I have most of the those tools and my wife would be quite unhappy if I brought home another compressor. GLWS.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
For the price JerseyPete is selling this stuff for, it's a great deal if you're going to be working on cars.

I have a big compressor, Ingersoll-Rand air tools etc and I couldn't imagine working on cars without them. Electric may be better but at this cost, it's a good starter package. That air compressor should be up to any air-tool task outside of a cutoff wheel.

And this form factor I much prefer over mine. I have a similar 220V Craftsman model but it's horizontal. Takes up much more room than this vertical one.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@serviceguy

@onetracker
Tools;
Air Hammer 875.191190

Thanks,
Pete

View attachment 142325
so my garage only has 110v plugs all running on 1 15amp breaker...so I dont have the option to run a big compressor with my current set up...but I decided to just buy an electric impact and it works awesome...really, i never find I need more than my little pancake compressor

drabina

If I only had space in the garage. My small 8 gallon compressor is not big enough sometimes. Unfortunately, I would have to take a bike down from the wall to fit it height-wise.

BTW: Hello neighbor.

JerseyPete

If I only had space in the garage. My small 8 gallon compressor is not big enough sometimes. Unfortunately, I would have to take a bike down from the wall to fit it height-wise.

BTW: Hello neighbor.
Yep, this thing is a pain in the butt to wheel around when I need to make space. My pancake one, I can throw on a shelf.
Wyckoff, do you ride High Mtn and Ramapo?
Ramapo was my go to trail for years, then @liong71er showed me around High Mtn and I've taken to it. @Mtbdog probably knows that park the best. Challenging but has some nice flow to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom