after work lewis morris ride

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'm going to be riding lewis morris today. wheels down around 5:45. i'm pretty much a slower rider - so it'll be a casual pace. i'm looking to do a loop of the yellow, and the boat loop if light allows.

i'll try to park at the lot across the street from the pond. look for a rootbeer niner MCR.

if you're looking for a tour or just someone to ride with, say hi if you can make it.

Can you let me know the conditions after your ride? I'm looking to ride there tomorrow morning. Sorry can't make it tonight, but I don't get home until 7.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
lewis morris is in pretty much great shape aside from a few spots.

i started my ride on the yellow trail, down by the lake and the road, and took it to the orange blaze. then went orange to a right on green up to the fire road and climbed the fire road to the top. everything there was in great shape.

once at the top of the fire road, i took yellow down to the back parking lot - there is a stretch of soft stuff in there at the bottom of that downhill. nothing crazy, and that area is usually the last to dry. once off the back parking lot, i went to take the red trail after crossing the stream, but backed up and stayed on yellow for the gravel climb. that section of the red trail is beat up badly and still pretty wet.

i followed yellow all the way out from that point back to my starting point. i wish i could ride it again before the rain. its nice and fast.

i stayed away from the boat loop, since those other spots were so wet, i assumed the boat loop would be bad as it is typically a wet area... but i would say 95% of the park is perfect.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
hey brad, are you related to the trials mcnutts of somewhere north of here? the name is just really familiar from my biketrials days. specifically clark mcnutt, but i think he was the dad.

Molasses

I just missed you....

I had to get home by 6:00 so I was there about 4:30. Where is the boat loop? Is that the section across the street from the main lake (where swimming is allowed) that has a small parking lot attached to it? Is it fun? I have a couple of routes that I do at LM that usually entails quite a bit a double backing to try to hit the all the uphills at least once...

We need to get some organized group rides going... :hmmm:

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I had to get home by 6:00 so I was there about 4:30. Where is the boat loop? Is that the section across the street from the main lake (where swimming is allowed) that has a small parking lot attached to it? Is it fun? I have a couple of routes that I do at LM that usually entails quite a bit a double backing to try to hit the all the uphills at least once...

We need to get some organized group rides going... :hmmm:

that's totally it. the boat loop (its also known as gilligan's island) is that section across the street from the pond. its an older trail, and usually stays wet for a while at the lower sections. its a fun add on, i don't know how long it is, maybe a mile long? its got a couple fun quick ups and downs, and a few more roots and rocks than the other side... and there's the remains of a boat in the middle of the woods along the side of the trail - which always makes for good conversation when you're taking someone there for their first time.

that's totally it. the boat loop (its also known as gilligan's island) is that section across the street from the pond. its an older trail, and usually stays wet for a while at the lower sections. its a fun add on, i don't know how long it is, maybe a mile long? its got a couple fun quick ups and downs, and a few more roots and rocks than the other side... and there's the remains of a boat in the middle of the woods along the side of the trail - which always makes for good conversation when you're taking someone there for their first time.

I was wondering what the boat loop was myself. Rode Motown this morning and its in great shape like you said. The combination of my ass being out of shape and the trail naturally being soft in places made for a slow ride.

Top Bottom