Advice for shipping wheelset

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where’d you get those statistics? In my experience USPS is exceptionally slow but reliable. They’re also the cheapest if you use standard ground. Don’t bother paying for 2 day express because it will arrive in 5.

To my house USPS is the fastest, other than Amazon next day drivers. I haven't had any loss issues with any delivery services in my almost 50 years of existance except for this one time with BikeFlights but that's because my tag fell off.

serviceguy

Actually, ship Bike Flights. It is considerably less than the two above.
A wheelset may be too big for USPS. THere is a size limit
Always thought of bike flights just as shipping full bike for vacation or whatever... you could use it just to shop some wheels?
You can. It is pretty cheaper.
I just bought a used wheelset, the seller used bike flights and charged me $30 for it (the wheels I got from him were severely underpriced, I took a risk and it worked out). There was some level of screw up as they claimed the address was incorrect but it wasn't, it ended up being 1 day late. Wood use.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do remember with Bike Flights, when they lost my bike, I had to go through them. You can't just call UPS. This can be convenient because they deal with UPS for you. But it is also inconvenient because you can't directly call UPS. You have to relay all of your messages through Bike Flights.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I do remember with Bike Flights, when they lost my bike, I had to go through them. You can't just call UPS. This can be convenient because they deal with UPS for you. But it is also inconvenient because you can't directly call UPS. You have to relay all of your messages through Bike Flights.
When I had a carbon wheel destroyed by UPS using Bikeflights they issued a check within a week. They are self insured. There is no way in hell UPS would have paid that fast if at all.

USPS was the best. They have gone downhill in the past 6 months. Numerous lost or delayed packages with no real recourse.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When I had a carbon wheel destroyed by UPS using Bikeflights they issued a check within a week. They are self insured. There is no way in hell UPS would have paid that fast if at all.

USPS was the best. They have gone downhill in the past 6 months. Numerous lost or delayed packages with no real recourse.

Oh yah which reminds me. Bikeflights also paid for my rental in Moab because my bike didn't make it there.

onetracker

I feel like I’ll have much better luck selling my ENVEs if I open it up to pinkbike or eBay. I was hoping not to deal with shipping but this might be the only way. Any tips on packaging? Does anybody have boxes from a new wheelset they don’t need?
Bikeflights is the cheapest and have wheel shipping service. Just shipped wheels to NC for SVC. $26.

serviceguy

Win win then, last time I tried to call UPS about a missing package never made it to a real person.

Top Bottom