Advice for shipping wheelset

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I feel like I’ll have much better luck selling my ENVEs if I open it up to pinkbike or eBay. I was hoping not to deal with shipping but this might be the only way. Any tips on packaging? Does anybody have boxes from a new wheelset they don’t need?

Actually, ship Bike Flights. It is considerably less than the two above.
A wheelset may be too big for USPS. THere is a size limit
Always thought of bike flights just as shipping full bike for vacation or whatever... you could use it just to shop some wheels?

Big ticket items i always use eBay. Protection for buyer and seller, sure they take a cut but will probably sell quick if priced right ✅. FedEx is also my go too for price and reliability ratio . Bike flights used to be the best but rates changed sometime in the last year and are not the bargain they used to be

LBS will give you wheel box(es).
I recently sent a wheel back to DT Swiss via UPS, but that was on their dime, all I had to do was pack and print the label.

Or cut up a bike box

I noticed that about bike flights this year. Sucks

ya know when gas was $5.00 and everything got expense from airfare to shipping (“gas surcharge”) and then when back to normal $3 but no prices corrected. Fuck them all

Reactions: rlb
Big ticket items i always use eBay. Protection for buyer and seller, sure they take a cut but will probably sell quick if priced right ✅. FedEx is also my go too for price and reliability ratio . Bike flights used to be the best but rates changed sometime in the last year and are not the bargain they used to be
Yeah, eBay/PayPal protection is the preferred route if I am gonna ship. I’ve had a couple of scams on eBay and they took care of it no problem.

my concern is more about packaging a $1k wheelset, any buyer is going to be super critical in general.

I’ve shipped many wheel sets from Pinkbike and always compare Bikeflights (UPS) with Shipbikes (FedEx). If your near Clark and can’t find a box I most likely have one.

Where’d you get those statistics? In my experience USPS is exceptionally slow but reliable. They’re also the cheapest if you use standard ground. Don’t bother paying for 2 day express because it will arrive in 5.

Personal experience between Xmas shopping this year and now.

I gladly pay to upgrade from usps to anything else given the option these days, tho it does tend to go in cycles of shit from the carriers, before this was amazon in house shipping was the shittiest

Back
Top Bottom