Adventures in fast food...

N

NiceIrishGirl

OK, so they opened a Sonic about 30 minutes South of where I live. So we decided to take the kids, since they've never been there.

Here's how it went:
After waiting in line about 20 minutes, just to get a car booth,

We order:
1 double cheeseburger, with everything
2 cheeseburgers, ONLY ketchup and mayo
1 order tots
2 orders fries
1 kids meal, chicken strips, fries, chocolate shake
2 slushies, 1 grape 1 cherry
1 coke

Our order comes. It contains
1 double cheeseburger with everything (correct)
1 cheeseburger with everything
1 cheeseburger with everything EXCEPT a burger. YES, that's right, no burger
2 orders tots
1 order fries
NO KIDS MEAL AT ALL
drinks were all fine

So, we ask the waitress to come back, and tell her what's wrong. She takes the incorrect burgers back. With instructions to bring them back with only ketchup and mayo.
She brings us two new burgers.
Two cheeseburgers, with everything. At least they both had meat this time.
Still no kids meal at all

We send the burgers back AGAIN, With instructions to bring them back with only ketchup and mayo.
She comes back with the kids meal, finally, and 1 cheeseburger with ketchup and mayo, and 1 bacon cheeseburger. :mad2:

We decide to just keep the bacon cheeseburger and stop punishing ourselves.

We finally eat. We leave. Driving home, the husband picks up his slushie and the bottom falls out of the cup, grape slushie all over the car. :mad2:

Yep...it was an adventure.

Mike679

Say what you want about McDonald's as far as fat, sodium, cholesterol and all that other nonsense, but they are a model for consistency and quality control. The food is always fresh, the orders are (almost) always correct and c'mon, admit it - the shit tastes good!!!

All things in moderation, of course..........

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Every six to twelve months I realize I haven't had any fast food recently so I get some, and every time I remember why within an hour of eating it -- it makes me feel like garbage. I think I have this idea that I should reward myself for eating well and exercising, but meanwhile the reward is that I feel and perform great. Well, relative to the old me anyway.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Say what you want about McDonald's...., but they are a model for consistency and quality control.

Funny you posted this.
Tonight, one of my staff got a Black Angus Burger at Mickey D's, pulled it out to eat before the concert and found he had the vegetarian version... no meat!!!

He drove back to the place he got it and said "Where's the BEEF?!!"

He says management was great to him, gave him a complete new meal including an apple pie and insisted on refunding his money. I guess they made a new customer and in time, a new patient for the cardiologist.

BiknBen

...The food is always fresh...

There is nothing fresh about fast food. I think you are getting fresh confused with "recently prepared".

I cannot remember the last time I had BK or McDs. There is simply nothing good associated with those places. :eek:

sixseven

There is nothing fresh about fast food. I think you are getting fresh confused with "recently prepared".

I cannot remember the last time I had BK or McDs. There is simply nothing good associated with those places. :eek:

True. Fast food is basically what livestock eats but made pretty for humans. If you think that was beef that you finally got after wasting your afternoon, you are mistaken. The people that fucked up your order are livestock for Sonic.
Do yourself and your family a favor...stay home and cook a meal with good ingredients and organic meat. Food made with love actually tastes better and it won't grow tits on a boy from the hormones.
I hate to be harsh but this one just irks me to no end, this couldn't be the first time this happened for you.
Read Fast Food Nation.
I am grumpy tonight. Sorry!:(

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
True. Fast food is basically what livestock eats but made pretty for humans. If you think that was beef that you finally got after wasting your afternoon, you are mistaken. The people that fucked up your order are livestock for Sonic.
Do yourself and your family a favor...stay home and cook a meal with good ingredients and organic meat. Food made with love actually tastes better and it won't grow tits on a boy from the hormones.
I hate to be harsh but this one just irks me to no end, this couldn't be the first time this happened for you.
Read Fast Food Nation.
I am grumpy tonight. Sorry!:(

really dude? you dont know a thing about the family so dont make a condescending post about her and her family's eating habits because you are "grumpy". she was just telling a funny story about how ridiculous the experience there was. theres no need for the ass4ole remarks.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
While I do not eat at Mc-e-D's.. I am a fan since a certain very good customer of mine collects his greenbacks there.

TonyC

the husband picks up his slushie and the bottom falls out of the cup, grape slushie all over the car. :mad2:

omg, that just puts the nail in the coffin. :) I guess it wasn't worth trip huh?

I've never seen a Sonic. Is it a PA franchise? Like WAWA is a Central/South Jersey thing..

Btw, love WAWA coffee... It's a nice treat after a ride at 6-mile.

sixseven

really dude? you dont know a thing about the family so dont make a condescending post about her and her family's eating habits because you are "grumpy". she was just telling a funny story about how ridiculous the experience there was. theres no need for the ass4ole remarks.

Not my intention at all. My apologies if it came across that way.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I was the executive chef for the cornel when I was 15, what an eye opening experience that was. "Wash you hands, then defrost the frozen chicken on the floor." I was recognized for my original recipe - I simply doubled the salt.

Anyway, I dont trust anyone who believes that chickens have fingers.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Take it easy. I understand you're gut instinct is to defend your sister but SixSeven didn't say anything about her or the family other than that they "wasted their afternoon." Yes it is harsh but it is directed at the fast food industry, which you agree with in your reply to the SuperSize Me comment.

However, I do agree that the reply was out of line in terms of keeping with the tenor of "hey here's a funny story." That much I agree with.

Personally I don't eat it. If I have no other food choice for whatever reason, I'll get the grilled chicken option and throw out the bun and wipe off the special sauce when they inadvertently put it on there. I have seen SuperSize Me but I wasn't eating fast food years before that. So it was nothing more than entertainment.

Still, SuperSize Me is BS. How many of us drink beer? Most I would say. If you did nothing but drink beer for 30 days how would you feel? SuperSize Me is the same concept. If he did 30 days of eating the buffet and drinking the beer available at Whole Foods the same thing would happen so long as he increased his calories load by 2000+ every day.

TonyC

The coffe is good, but the service island is very confusing. I prefer DD.

I know what you mean. It seems like everyone is wondering around the island looking for things. Like it's their 1st time making coffee.

I don't have a choice up North. At 5:30am it's either crappy 7-11 or hit the DD. I like DD, but I like Wawa better.
Now Starbucks is a love/hate thing. I hate it. Yuk!

back to the topic.. Sonic is a hedge hog.

Top Bottom