ADK MTB Trails-Thoughts

onetracker

Staying up near Saratoga NY. Hit up Daniels Road Trails; fun/raw/techy not many blazes on the lower trails

Anyone ride the Gurney Lane Trails in Queensbury or Pittstown State Forest?

Thoughts? Worth the trip?

Gurney is about a half hour away (according to Google) and well worth trip. I've been debating a weekend trip with maybe Windham throw in.

Gurney is fun - not as fun as the SMBA stuff tho.
worth the trip if you keep re-riding the same stuff.

downhill at west mountain

Daniel's road is fun. I also rode moreau lake state park when i was up there a few weeks ago. It is really techy with a lot of steep climbs and descents depending on the loop you ride. If you want to drive a bit farther north ski bowl park in north creek is worth it in my opinion.

631AF8D3-9A0E-44AD-AE92-738C5888507B.jpeg
Daniel's road is fun. I also rode moreau lake state park when i was up there a few weeks ago. It is really techy with a lot of steep climbs and descents depending on the loop you ride. If you want to drive a bit farther north ski bowl park in north creek is worth it in my opinion.
Rode MLSP today. Parked on the western slope. Thanks for mentioning. There is no mention of this spot on the SMBA site that I noticed. So Thanks again. Felt like it was 1989 all over again which is good and bad. Some of the trails are really beautiful and challenging. IMO the old school fall line stuff should be updated to current trail building techniques. Fun day. Tweak a couple of trails and this park is dynamite! Place requires a-game tech skills plus bring your climbing legs.

Well, I started on top and came down thru Mud Pond. So eventually I had to ride/hike back up. I feel your pain. I did not find a trail that winds it’s way back up the mtn. The stuff on top is really nice.

North Creek Ski Bowl is fun for a few hours of riding - the main climb and descent is a real nice ride. Basically the back side of Gore Mountain if you're not familiar with the Ski Bowl

Back
Top Bottom