Additional MTB clinic dates...

BiknBen

The MTB skills clinics kicked off last weekend. We had excellent weather and a great group. This weekend's clinic at Clayton Park is sold out. One spot remains for the Saturday, May 9th clinic near Halter's Cycles. Since interest has been great, I'm adding more dates for the Fundamentals clinic.

May 16th we return to Lewis-Morris Park in Morristown.
May 23rd will be at Clayton Park.

It is also time to begin adding the Intermediate MTB Skills clinic to the calendar. This clinic will focus primarily on cornering technique with additional skills associated with negotiating switchbacks. Here are dates for the Intermediate clinic:

Saturday, May 30th at Clayton Park.

Please pass this info on to friends who may be interested. If you attended any of the clinics last year or so far this year, share your experiences and motivate others to improve their riding.

Here are some pictures from the first Fundamentals clinic.

bdmtb

Thanks for putting these on Ben. Just one little ask from a time strapped Dad-- please schedule one a bit further north :). I'd love to attend with my son.

BiknBen

Thanks for putting these on Ben. Just one little ask from a time strapped Dad-- please schedule one a bit further north :). I'd love to attend with my son.

I will scatter these around NJ. I'm a time-strapped Dad myself. Lewis Morris is 75 minutes from my house. Expect to see clinics at Kittatinny soon. Further north than that? Give me a call.

BiknBen

do you primarily only do clinics on sat? any sunday clinics?

I realize that all the clinics have been on Saturday so far. That is not intentional. Whatever day happens to work is the one I choose. I do many private group clinics and those groups may choose Sunday. In May, I have a couple IMBA clinics starting on Sunday. So, I'm just filling in the remainder of the weekends with these local clinics. There will be Sunday clinics in the future. I'm available on many weekdays/weeknights if you'd like to do something sooner.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Free Bump Ben. I have been riding a long time and took Ben's intermediate class last year with a few of my friends. Well, looking back I realized I was getting lazy and developing bad habits when riding. I can see now my riding has really improved this year due to Ben's clinic. It has ignited a passion in me to become a better rider. I will never be cat 1 racer fast, but IMHO, I feel that my riding is getting better and hence I am enjoying it more.

And for me, that is what it is all about.

BiknBen

We had warm enthusiasm to overcome chilly temps this past Saturday. A group of six worked on Skills at Clayton Park.

The better half of the Snot Rocket Team feeling a well balanced position while descending.

Marta drove down from Massachusetts. Picture perfect descending position.

BiknBen

@BiknBen, when you expecting to add more intermediate classes? Unfortunately the Clayton date doesn't work for me

Additional Intermediate clinic dates will likely be June 20 at KVSP and June 27 at LM. Subject to change but those are two I have in mind. Check back here for confirmation.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I think I need a log specific clinic.
At least until I learn to bunny hop them.

If anyone can give me the instruction and confidence to do logs, its Ben :)

wjwlitespeed

Additional Intermediate clinic dates will likely be June 20 at KVSP and June 27 at LM. Subject to change but those are two I have in mind. Check back here for confirmation.
Ben - Can't make the May 30 clinic but I'm a go for the June 27 if you move forward with that date

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I second the June 27 @ Lew Mo intermediate clinic :)

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
June 27th is the day before the Lewis Morris H2H race. I would expect a ton of people to be out riding, which you may or may not care about.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
June 27th is the day before the Lewis Morris H2H race. .

Crud. I forgot about that... i haven't registered yet but that's one of the few races I'm hoping to do this year...

eh... i can still do the clinic. i'll pre-ride the course afterwards if i feel like it

BiknBen

June 27th is the day before the Lewis Morris H2H race.
I do my instruction in a grass field and then lead a short ride in the trails. As the race is the next day, I will be hoping to do a loop of the race course. I guess I should go make a registration page for this date. Thanks all for the interest. That is what I want to see.

BiknBen

Additional clinic dates have been added through June. You can find all the dates on BikeReg here.

Recently added dates are:
June 2o at Kittatinny Valley State Park in Andover, NJ
June 27 at Lewis Morris in Morristown, NJ

Limited spots remain for the May dates. Help me fill them. ;)

BiknBen

The instruction has been going from 9am to noon. Then I offer to do a ride with those that are interested. Each has wrapped up by 2pm. The ride is optional.

Top Bottom