Adding Lights to a 1up

My bad. I didn't realize those rack channels were so thin. I thought they were a custom extruded shape actually but thinking more like 1/4".

Patrick, I can't believe you didn't use Rivnuts.. :)

In all seriousness, I like it a lot, much nicer than the lights they sell.

I guess I'm kind of lucky my 3rd brake light is at the highest point on my car, not a possibility with a pickup.

now i had to go outside in my undies and measure.
21/128" or ~1/6" that gets another thread!
This is for the bottom of the channel, the sides and top are thicker.. good engineering.

Counting on the screw welding itself in the next time it rains. no sense in using anti-seize :)
I might have some 6-32 rivnuts floating around, I do have the tool.

Another option would be well nuts, don't need any tools other than a drill. It's not like it's a high load situation.

My bad. I didn't realize those rack channels were so thin. I thought they were a custom extruded shape actually but thinking more like 1/4".

Patrick, I can't believe you didn't use Rivnuts.. :)

In all seriousness, I like it a lot, much nicer than the lights they sell.

I guess I'm kind of lucky my 3rd brake light is at the highest point on my car, not a possibility with a pickup.

third brakelight on a pickup is at the top of the cab, which as you mention IS the highest point on the vehicle . . . .

Clearance in the channel is limited - i'll stick with the self-tapping :D
If it makes y'all feel better, i used a 3/8" drive ratchet to install them.

It is a custom extrusion.

1595419279129.png

@Patrick

With those LED lights, they have three sections?
- Left Turn, blink
- Center Brake
- Right Turn, blink

So installing on the LH side, did you not wire the "right" blinky, and then do the opposite for RH side?

I tied the two amber sections on each side together. So on the left side, both r & l amber sections illuminate together.

Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom