add Gloucester County College forum

frickster

Hey -- I rode with some friends out at Gloucester County College this past Friday. Totally awesome ride and lots of technical stuff you wouldn't expect in SoJo! Several downhills and climbs throughout the course. Can you please add a forum to the SoJo list?

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Hey -- I rode with some friends out at Gloucester County College this past Friday. Totally awesome ride and lots of technical stuff you wouldn't expect in SoJo! Several downhills and climbs throughout the course. Can you please add a forum to the SoJo list?
i missed that ride, as i was a stone's through from there in mantua, and ended up driving to fair hill md.

do you cycle gcc often? i'll be near there again around the hollidays, this time i'll definately check it out

in my opinion fair hill wasn't worth the schlepp, i was looking to check out wissackin and the philly thread i read brought me to fair hill. yet i heard there was a philly mtb at gloucester college friday as well. perhaps that was the ride you were on?

frickster

Was just me and 4 buddies. I didn't see any other large group of riders out when we were there. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

U

UK IN NY

Sorry to dredge this thread back up.

I am currently working in Blackwood (next to Camden community college) and wondered what the best (and closest)trails are.

I am intending to bring one of my two bikes down next week to give me something to do in the evening....

any ideas (or advice?)

Thanks!!
Stu

PatrickBrown

I remember doing a race at GCC back in the late 90s. was expecting a super flat sandy course, but then ended up being an awesome super fast super twisty technical singletrack with some sudden climbs and downhills. raced against one of the rock shox devo guys and one of the east coast trek guys.

way fun race.

sj_john

Camden County College

Sorry to dredge this thread back up.

I am currently working in Blackwood (next to Camden community college) and wondered what the best (and closest)trails are.

I am intending to bring one of my two bikes down next week to give me something to do in the evening....

any ideas (or advice?)

Thanks!!
Stu

Stu,
There are miles of trail off of the parking lot of CCC.
Use the parking lot off of Peter Cheesman Rd,
The trails have been pretty icy lately but the warmer weather will thaw them.
Lots of twisty trails with a sand base.

John

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Downhills and climbs:hmmm:...Do you gps your rides there??? I'm interested in knowing the elevation gains one can get down there:)
I'd like to see this myself. I remember lots of quick ups and downs, but nothing I'd call a sustained climb.

PatrickBrown

if I remember correctly. nothing more than maybe 15 feet up or down. at best.....

but I only rode what they had marked out for the race course

Last edited:
U

UK IN NY

Stu,
There are miles of trail off of the parking lot of CCC.
Use the parking lot off of Peter Cheesman Rd,
The trails have been pretty icy lately but the warmer weather will thaw them.
Lots of twisty trails with a sand base.

John

Brilliant. that is literally right where I am working. Thanks very much!!!

sj_john

You are so correct.

if I remember correctly. nothing more than maybe 15 feet up or down. at best.....

but I only rode what they had marked out for the race course

If you rode the race course then you rode the trail.
There is nothing more. Elevation change is 20-40' difference throughout the entire trail. There are no sustained climbs or drops. It is a quick course that doesn't let you rest, you are either going up, down, turning or bouncing across the many roots.

Top Bottom