action: Budget Cuts and Park Closures

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Riders,

As Kirt posted here we have many state parks and forests that will be closed or partially closed on July 1.

JORBA is monitoring this situation closely. At this time, we would like to ask the riding community to contact their legislators and the governor and voice their opposition here: http://wiki.jorba.org/index.php?title=2008_NJ_Budget

I have been contacted by park officials and they've asked us for our support.

Thanks for your time!

Glancing Aft

Mergs, just an FYI, in the email I received from JORBA the link doesn't work it had a [/URL] included in the hyperlink address.

VanDbtRiver

i have ridden at round v when the ranger station was closed during the winter months. Does this mean that the parks will be off limits to riding all together? Or does it mean that there will be no running water, camping, and trail maint? This question has probably been asked already.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i have ridden at round v when the ranger station was closed during the winter months. Does this mean that the parks will be off limits to riding all together? Or does it mean that there will be no running water, camping, and trail maint? This question has probably been asked already.

Too early to tell, but the answer is we would "probably be limited access" to the parks, especially on weekdays. Why? If they don't have money for staff and rangers to cover the parks, they will limit access. They'd have no choice: they have safety and security concerns and with no staff, they close up shop.

Top Bottom