Aahhhh, darn pipes

NJ Jess

Darn cold! Frozen my kitchen sink hot water pipe. Now I got go under the house with a hair dryer! And then the fun will continue as I do my taxes, yey.

TonyC

Darn cold! Frozen my kitchen sink hot water pipe. Now I got go under the house with a hair dryer! And then the fun will continue as I do my taxes, yey.

On a good note, I hope you get a big fat check back from the Gov't.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I've paid someone to do my taxes for the past 5 years and it's been the best 5 years of my life. I happily plunk down $200 every year and address the check to my sanity.

TonyC

I've paid someone to do my taxes for the past 5 years and it's been the best 5 years of my life. I happily plunk down $200 every year and address the check to my sanity.

Oh definitely.
I get the family discount. My BIL is a CPA so we just get him a big bottle of VO and he's happy.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jess, you're never going to get any money out of the laundry, other than a stray coin here and there...

N

Neen

Not true, I found 10 bucks in my laundry the other day!:p
This is the first year I did my own taxes and I must say, Turbo Tax is quite user friendly. And I am getting back almost as much as the accountant got me, without having to pay his fee, I'm breaking even.
Sorry to hear about your frozen pipes, Jess, that is the pits.

NJ Jess

The pits,...

are just off the forked river exit on the left. . They are probably frozen like my pipes were this morning. They are fun jumps, but I'm not good at gap jumps yet.

Nimrod

I had the Oil Burner Company (I have a contract, so I pay big $ for oil) fix a valve, on the Baseboard in the upstairs bedroom a couple of weeks ago.

Then the other day = Big wet spot my freshly painted Kitchen (Downstairs) Ceiling.:mad: starts apperaing, its getting bigger... I'm leaving for San Franciso Monday, this needs to be dealt with now...Open up the ceiling.... Oh boy... the Dummy bent the pipe, which then broke.

So I'll take the day off from work to shut the heating system down, and fix the pipe while the kids are at school, and my wife is at work, I can dooooo this.

Next problem; the water shut off valve to the burner is busted...:mad2: and the hot water coil thingy (copper) is soild white, like a big hairy cat = its going to blow shortly.

Okay = Overmatched

Take day off from work, Call Plumber to tear out more of the kitchen ceiling and fix pipe - $300 = one very upset wife.

Then take another day off, call Oil company to fix the Oil Burner.....

Their went Ringwood yesterday..

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I had the Oil Burner Company (I have a contract, so I pay big $ for oil) fix a valve, on the Baseboard in the upstairs bedroom a couple of weeks ago.

Then the other day = Big wet spot my freshly painted Kitchen (Downstairs) Ceiling.:mad: starts apperaing, its getting bigger... I'm leaving for San Franciso Monday, this needs to be dealt with now...Open up the ceiling.... Oh boy... the Dummy bent the pipe, which then broke.

So I'll take the day off from work to shut the heating system down, and fix the pipe while the kids are at school, and my wife is at work, I can dooooo this.

Next problem; the water shut off valve to the burner is busted...:mad2: and the hot water coil thingy (copper) is soild white, like a big hairy cat = its going to blow shortly.

Okay = Overmatched

Take day off from work, Call Plumber to tear out more of the kitchen ceiling and fix pipe - $300 = one very upset wife.

Ah, the joys of home ownership. I feel your pain.

NJ Jess

Auuughh

That really sux about the pipes and ceiling. The trails will be here when you get back,...enjoy that trip.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

Okay = Overmatched

That sucks! I remember the contract oil nazi's on LI too, one of my fondest memories of LI home ownership :D

Top Bottom