A Wookies return.....

Frank

Sasquatch
Well today was a good test to see if I could survive a decent ride on my new chemo….actually it’s only half of the new chemo. Monday I am supposed to get the new chemo with an added oral chemo….yep, I’ll be on the pill! I am praying that it doesn’t interfere with my riding as I haven’t felt as happy during the last month without riding at all. I guess if you add feeling weak, spending 4 days in the hospital and then getting a drug that makes your skin feel like it’s burning….no one would be “happy”.

It’s amazing what a nice group ride will do for your mood, yeah I’m beat and ready to go to bed, but I am happy again. Right now I hope that the rest of the winter is mild and I can get a lot more rides in but I’m putting the cart before the horse now. I still have to see what the oral chemo does to me, fingers crossed that I don’t notice it except for dropping my numbers.

A big thanks to all the folk that made the Clayton ride and post ride antics into a fun day. It was a good day for this Wookiees soul and his belly, the post ride burger was yummy….thanks @Mitch. It was also good being seated near Mitch, @pooriggy, and @Matt which led to some fun conversation.
Thanks all!!!

SAM

Well today was a good test to see if I could survive a decent ride on my new chemo….actually it’s only half of the new chemo. Monday I am supposed to get the new chemo with an added oral chemo….yep, I’ll be on the pill! I am praying that it doesn’t interfere with my riding as I haven’t felt as happy during the last month without riding at all. I guess if you add feeling weak, spending 4 days in the hospital and then getting a drug that makes your skin feel like it’s burning….no one would be “happy”.

It’s amazing what a nice group ride will do for your mood, yeah I’m beat and ready to go to bed, but I am happy again. Right now I hope that the rest of the winter is mild and I can get a lot more rides in but I’m putting the cart before the horse now. I still have to see what the oral chemo does to me, fingers crossed that I don’t notice it except for dropping my numbers.

A big thanks to all the folk that made the Clayton ride and post ride antics into a fun day. It was a good day for this Wookiees soul and his belly, the post ride burger was yummy….thanks @Mitch. It was also good being seated near Mitch, @pooriggy, and @Matt which led to some fun conversation.
Thanks all!!!
Here's to hoping the horse will be firmly in front of the cart where it belongs (and to the mild winter for a lot more rides too).

Frank

Sasquatch
Things are starting to look up, at least for now. I’ve learned to not get overly excited about good test results as the drugs work great initially but it seems that cancer figures out a way to fight its way back as well.
But anyway, I got my CEA test results today and they were previously 7600 and now they sit at 1880…..that’s a huge fucking drop from only 2 treatments of the new drug Vectibix. I will also say that I feel way better as well and I’m starting to get some strength back. It boggles my mind to think about it because I was frightened that the numbers would go up because I’m getting less chemical infused, and spending less time in the lab but I will take it.
I got a little nervous yesterday because I had an appointment with the doc and I had not yet begun the second half of my treatment….the pill. There had been a problem with grant monies and the dispensary not knowing how to apply them so I did not get them. I was expecting the doc to have something to say about it, but I was surprised by his response. He looked at me and smiled, then asked if I was having a tough time with rashes as many people have severe reactions to this drug. But I guess he could see that I wasn’t suffering badly so he just said we will stick with just this drug for now and see where it takes us. Now mind you, I’m not without rashes from this and I have lost sleep as its effects have my entire head and neck in a constant state of bad sunburn. But I will gladly deal with that as apposed to the other meds that left me weak and foggy.
So now I will happily ride my bike as much as I can and see where this drug takes me. As my doc said, let’s see where this takes us and we will go from there. I like how he’s got long term plans for me and he won’t give up. This is the good part of the rollercoaster!!!!

serviceguy

Things are starting to look up, at least for now. I’ve learned to not get overly excited about good test results as the drugs work great initially but it seems that cancer figures out a way to fight its way back as well.
But anyway, I got my CEA test results today and they were previously 7600 and now they sit at 1880…..that’s a huge fucking drop from only 2 treatments of the new drug Vectibix. I will also say that I feel way better as well and I’m starting to get some strength back. It boggles my mind to think about it because I was frightened that the numbers would go up because I’m getting less chemical infused, and spending less time in the lab but I will take it.
I got a little nervous yesterday because I had an appointment with the doc and I had not yet begun the second half of my treatment….the pill. There had been a problem with grant monies and the dispensary not knowing how to apply them so I did not get them. I was expecting the doc to have something to say about it, but I was surprised by his response. He looked at me and smiled, then asked if I was having a tough time with rashes as many people have severe reactions to this drug. But I guess he could see that I wasn’t suffering badly so he just said we will stick with just this drug for now and see where it takes us. Now mind you, I’m not without rashes from this and I have lost sleep as its effects have my entire head and neck in a constant state of bad sunburn. But I will gladly deal with that as apposed to the other meds that left me weak and foggy.
So now I will happily ride my bike as much as I can and see where this drug takes me. As my doc said, let’s see where this takes us and we will go from there. I like how he’s got long term plans for me and he won’t give up. This is the good part of the rollercoaster!!!!
Thanks for the update Frank, this is the type of news I would gladly learn about every day! Keep up the good fight!

Frank

Sasquatch
Today I got a late start and was happily surprised to see @Mare and @Bizarro in the lot. Was nice to catch up with them and then got my ride in. I feel real good right now and intend on enjoying it. Notice I didn’t say while it lasts because I intend to continue feeling like this!!!
Thanks to @Mare for this picture that I stole!!
72998227904__636C982B-9B9B-4604-B6A0-69D6888A87CC.jpeg

Mare

Today I got a late start and was happily surprised to see @Mare and @Bizarro in the lot. Was nice to catch up with them and then got my ride in. I feel real good right now and intend on enjoying it. Notice I didn’t say while it lasts because I intend to continue feeling like this!!!
View attachment 232952
You looked amazing yesterday and full of pep!!!! Keep it up!!!! ❤️

MikeyBikey2000

View attachment 232952
@Bizarro always looks like he's up for Contemporary Country Artist of the Year

Top Bottom