a reminder

Frank

Sasquatch
This is a reminder that the trails we enjoy are for all users. Being rude to "other" users hurts the mtb community as much as riding in poor conditions. Check a note I received today:
Dear Frank,
You know we'll feel guilty about missing tm. Unfortunately since it is the first horse competition of the year so
you may not have any horse people, which REALLY worries us-We need to keep our presence known!

Please let your people know we care!

BTW: We have run into at least two REALLY unpleasant bikers lately (unusual for "our" park), I think in part because you (or others ) are advertising it to bikers outside of ATUG.
One REALLY rude biker and his friend (Good thing we were on **** and ****!) who yelled "you are ripping up MY trails" as they blew past us!
I yelled after him that they are "our" trails and he should join ATUG.
The increased biker awareness may be a real problem for other users (including Hikers and dog walkers!) without a LOT of education!

This is sad to hear and I want people to know about this. I know most of you who ride Allaire are exempt from this message (we do enjoy being labeled a horse friendly park) but I feel it necessary to get on the Soap Box about this. These people did not deserve to be talked to like this. If you witness this kind of non-sense please educate the rude person.....I'll leave it to you as to what implement you use.:mad:

dhsean

Teenage Testosterone?

Wow, I can't imagine any biker doing that. Either it was some newbies or a case of an overflow of teenage testosterone. Hopefully a random incident.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
One REALLY rude biker and his friend (Good thing we were on **** and ****!) who yelled "you are ripping up MY trails" as they blew past us!
It's bad enough that this knucklehead yelled his idiocy at anyone, but he did it while they "blew past". Get off your damn bike when you encounter horses.:mad:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ugh... that's not fun to hear.

it'll probably turn into a flame-fest, but maybe we could post this up on mtbr too for the folks who don't peek in over here?

maybe PM gregg first to have it locked immediately, so it's kinda just like an announcement or something similar, to avoid any arguments?

Frank

Sasquatch
Sad thing is it's more than likely someone new, or a couple kids who don't know any better. You can go for months, even years, with no problems and all it takes is one instance and all the good karma gets flushed.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm pretty sure you can only flush X amount of karma down the toilet at once. The old toilets used to be anywhere from 3.5-7.0 karma/flush. But a lot of the new models are eco-friendly, and you get 1 karma/flush on some models. Now granted, when you get a few big turds like this, you might get multiple flushes. But still, nothing when compared with the toilets of old.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm pretty sure you can only flush X amount of karma down the toilet at once. The old toilets used to be anywhere from 3.5-7.0 karma/flush. But a lot of the new models are eco-friendly, and you get 1 karma/flush on some models. Now granted, when you get a few big turds like this, you might get multiple flushes. But still, nothing when compared with the toilets of old.
Thank you, Mr. Plumber.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What kind of dick tells jokes at funerals?!?! Hey, you can't spell funeral without F-U-N...

Jeez, tough crowd. OK, the idea with the post was that at this point you've built up so much good karma that it cannot be lost with one incident like this. I mean look at the email you posted. It clearly wasn't lost to that equestrian whereas in the past it very well might have been. I'll just stick with the "Keep up the good work Frank" in the future.

Keep up the good work Frank. :D

J-Dro

Please don't flush sanitary napkins or karma down the toilet. Thank you for your cooperation.

BiknBen

Equestrians...The number one reason to ride early.

Sorry...I had to put an end to the horse love-fest.

Top Bottom