A little help please

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
would you guys suggest tapes or something to break up the monotony? I know the cycleops comes with a carmichael dvd, but what about stuff like spinervals?

walter

I dip my nuts in hot butter to make the time go faster.

Depends really. Sometimes music, sometimes TV, sometimes nothing. The harder the effort the less diversion I need. Sometimes I pop the TV on and just don't feel like watching. Sometimes I'm so desperate for a diversion nothing works.

Shaggz

A strong 7
rear tire skewer - i just got the same cyclops fluid 2 trainer:

ok - i got the trainer put together, and am planning on setting up the bike tonight. the trainer came with quick release skewer. Is there any reason to use this one and not the one currently on the bike?

For my trainer the skewer they gave me was designed for the trainer.

WTF i replied to this thread and it is now missing?

ok the skewer for the most part is either one of a few things.

1. like norm said it might be designed for the trainer but i have not seen that to be the case too many times.

2. Many people have very light weight skewers that are not designed for trainer use.

3. If you use the one it comes with you wont scratch your perty one you spent lots of money on. I dont think ti skewers do too well on trainers.

With that said, i know where my trainer skewer is (pretty impressive since i am packed to move) but i have never used it. Too much a pita to be honest.

Shaggz

A strong 7
too soon. it went together easy, and i'm setting the bike up tonight, and tomorrow will be the first spin. i'm in a simialr boat as you. i don't own a road bike, and do not want to use the mtb, becasue changing tires constantly will be a P.I.T.A. So, I'm using my wife's hybrid, and will start looking into a used road bike.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I put my old mtb on the trainer. More comfortable than a road bike. I'd recommend that route over a road bike on the trainer.

ArmyOfNone

I dip my nuts in hot butter to make the time go faster.

Depends really. Sometimes music, sometimes TV, sometimes nothing. The harder the effort the less diversion I need. Sometimes I pop the TV on and just don't feel like watching. Sometimes I'm so desperate for a diversion nothing works.

i tried that hot butter thing once...lets please not mention this again :eek: :eek:

Shaggz

A strong 7
walter - i don't know what your budget is, but the best deal i found was the '07 cyclops fluid 2 (same 1 fred got), for ~$225 on www.agees.com. also bought the computer with rear whell sensor - no tax or shipping, total was around the $250 mark. actually, their price on the '07 was better that other retailers '06 pricing. suppsoedly a bigger wheel and better resistance mechanism

walter

Fourth Party
Great, thank you, that was the info I was trying to find in your other post.

thanks again,
walter

Shaggz

A strong 7
walter - the computer setup is VERY easy. i can already tell the bike set up will not work for me

heythorp

the spindle for the rear wheel inteferes with the rear der cable.

you just like to find excuses :)

they all do, you just have to move it a bit. i have to adjust everyone of my bikes to get it on the trainer.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
i moved it a bit, but i don't have enough play in the cable so i'm not getting the full range of gears. i rode it this morning and it felt pretty smooth though.

you know those guys that say, oh i'm slow, i hope i don't hold you back, or my stamina is not there? well, i'm tired of being that guy, so i'm gonna make this fawker work. i know i had a lot of life changes last year, but those excuses are no longer valid.

Last edited:

heythorp

i moved it a bit, but i don't have enough play in the cable so i'm not getting the full range of gears. i rode it this morning and it felt pretty smooth though.

you know those guys that say, oh i'm slow, i hope i don't hold you back or my stamina is not there? well, i'm tired of being that guy, so i'm gonna make this fawker work. i know i had a lot of life changes last year, but those excuses are no longer valid.

i never said those things but i did say, "shut up and pedal more" :)

Top Bottom