Sold - 80s Bianchi Limited road bike 57cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlb

Check out this MTBNJ special. This bike has been assembled from parts from various legendary members such as qclabrat, rick8675309, and stb222. Own a piece of site history!

It's in well used condition, and I probably should have given it a wash before the pics, but alas I did not. This would make a good townie / JRA in the neighborhood kind of bike. I rode it on the D&R Canal Towpath a bunch, it's fine when dry but there's not much mud clearance on this frame. It's also served as my kid trailer puller and poor weather bike.

Frame: 80s Bianchi Limited with Tange Superset2, 57cm top tube. This is a steel frame.
Wheels: Fulcrum w/ Conti Gatorskins
Crankset: FSA Omega 175mm 50/34
Derailleurs: Ultegra Front / Sram Force Rear (2x10)
Shifters: Sram Force front / Red rear
Brakes: Sram
Different saddle than pictured, and pedals not included

Can meet near Chimney Rock, Metro Park, or Morristown.

IMG_20200111_131150.jpg

IMG_20200111_131206.jpg

IMG_20200111_131215.jpg

IMG_20200111_131225.jpg

IMG_20200111_131247.jpg

Last edited:

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
This is nothing new, but straight over my head!

Celeste green is an iconic color for the Bianchi brand. It is one of the true identifying things about a Bianchi from a mile away. When I sold Bianchi years ago, I would have people buy the Bianchi over another brand simply because of the color. Also, there are some hardcore bike people that consider any other color on a Bianchi heresy and a mortal sin. If that bike was originally celeste, whoever painted that bike possibly destroyed whatever value it may have had besides a conglomeration of used parts. (IMHO...)

rlb

Celeste green is an iconic color for the Bianchi brand

Ah got it, makes sense now! I didn't know that color was Celeste green. Yeah this one was definitely repainted!

BTW you gave my daughter a water bottle this morning, thanks again she's thrilled with it.

qclabrat

Celeste green is an iconic color for the Bianchi brand. It is one of the true identifying things about a Bianchi from a mile away. When I sold Bianchi years ago, I would have people buy the Bianchi over another brand simply because of the color. Also, there are some hardcore bike people that consider any other color on a Bianchi heresy and a mortal sin. If that bike was originally celeste, whoever painted that bike possibly destroyed whatever value it may have had besides a conglomeration of used parts. (IMHO...)
Being a Japanese Bianchi the collectibility is rather low. There were Celeste colored Asian Bianchis but also many other colors including a deep red like this one. I personally like the Superset tubesets better than their Italian counterparts. The ovalized ends on the lugs is a unique touch.

Reactions: rlb

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Being a Japanese Bianchi the collectibility is rather low. There were Celeste colored Asian Bianchis but also many other colors including a deep red like this one. I personally like the Superset tubesets better than their Italian counterparts. The ovalized ends on the lugs is a unique touch.

Was not alluding to "collect-ability", just that some people go ga-ga over Celeste, and shun everything else. I have had some guys argue over shades of Celeste (the blue-ish version vs. the more green version). It just seems like there are some people that, if you painted a turd Celeste green, they would buy it because "Celeste".

rlb

Friday bump. She's not going to win any show awards, but it's a nice riding frame.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paint Celeste, sell for 4 times price to Williamsburg hipster.

Cool bike, great price.

Reactions: rlb

Stix217

Hey I shot you a message earlier...not sure if this is the right bike for what I’m looking to do but I’m definitely interested

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom